GLYPH headset

jim

Reaction score
does anyone have the GLYPH headset? I can not get it to work with Solo.

I have yet to get ANYTHING from the HDMI port on my Solo transmitter. I've already bought and tried 3 different cables. No go with a set of Head Plays, Black Pearl Monitor, or Fat Shark Dom V3's. I've searched till my eyes are crossed. Tried all the suggestions I can find, different firing up procedures, etc. etc. I'm at a loss, and I'll bet it's something silly I'm over looking ???

I have spent hours with techs from 3DR and GlYPH and they cant get the headset to work including sending me another headset. GLYPH is going to get a Solo drone and controller soon and they will advise me if they can get it to work. I will post if they figure it out.

well at least you're heading down the right track as well as provoked the manufacturer down that road too. kudos!

Dumb question Jim--have you tried hooking up your GoPro directly to the GLYPH headset?
Also, have you hooked up the controller to your TV and verified all is well?

I have spent hours with techs from 3DR and GlYPH and they cant get the headset to work including sending me another headset. GLYPH is going to get a Solo drone and controller soon and they will advise me if they can get it to work. I will post if they figure it out.

FYI - Glyph no longer compatible with Solo...pending fix by 3DR.

3DR Solo Drone Setup

From Avegant:
UPDATE 01/19/2017: We got reports from users that were not able to get the Solo to work with the Glyph. We tested this ourselves and it turns out that 3DR made a change where the Glyph no longer works with it. 3DR will need to make a change on their end to make this work again. We sent them a note to fix.

After ordering and trying several different cables, (all micro to mini HDMI), I found this to be the only one that works with my Solo transmitter. Micro HDMI to Mini HDMI - 877.522.3779 - USBFireWire.com
Works with my Fat Shark Dom V3's, and I do believe I tried it with my Head Play goggles too. There is something strange about these cables, and it's way over my head.

Reactions: dml931
Avegant glyph works perfectly fine with the 3DR solo. So does the Fatshark Dominator v3/Dominator HDv2/Dominator HDv3, Headplay, Cinemizer oled, etc). The key to using the HDMI out on the controller is to connect the HDMI cable to the controller and video goggles/monitor first BEFORE powering on the controller. The controller checks to see if a video stream is being requested at the HDMI port. If no requests are being made, it disables the video stream to the port until the controller is rebooted.

***Fatshark FPV goggles with HDMI in ONLY work with aftermarket HDMI cables. They do not work with the HDMI cables included with the goggles***

Reactions: dml931 and carpy
Correction, the cable I listed above, will not work with the Head Plays, the end is too big to fit in the socket.

Avegant glyph works perfectly fine with the 3DR solo. So does the Fatshark Dominator v3/Dominator HDv2/Dominator HDv3, Headplay, Cinemizer oled, etc). The key to using the HDMI out on the controller is to connect the HDMI cable to the controller and video goggles/monitor first BEFORE powering on the controller. The controller checks to see if a video stream is being requested at the HDMI port. If no requests are being made, it disables the video stream to the port until the controller is rebooted.

***Fatshark FPV goggles with HDMI in ONLY work with aftermarket HDMI cables. They do not work with the HDMI cables included with the goggles***

Have you tested and confirmed this method with the latest firmware updates from both 3DR (ver 2.4.0 from 9/1/16) and Avegant (ver 1.3.0 from 7/21/16) for Glyph? I'm looking to purchase the Glyph and just emailed their Support to see if they had tried and confirmed your method of connection and powering up the controller.

does anyone have the GLYPH headset? I can not get it to work with Solo.
Jim u gotta count your blessings. At least your Glyph works. GLYPH is no we're near ready for market. Launching a 90% ready product is a 100% stupidity. Never been so disappointed with something of such potential. I love tech and can forgive most - this crap no. Perhaps check them again in another year if you must.
I'll make my way to the bins in the mean time with this 450 USD monstrosity, that never once in 8 hours produced a stable and clear image. Excellent at producing headaches. Move an inch and the head strap falls of too. Again and again and again . Amateur night - trump style:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44