Gimble problem

Reaction score
i just got my Gimble and got physically installed but now issues. When I turn on both solo and remote the Gimble only 1 out of 5 times give or take will level itself and often just kind of slow motion try to move into position.

Second whenever I try to use the paddle on left to move camera the remote errors out on manual camera something failed contact 3 dr. I have done that but am looking for ideas. One last part of that is if I keep messing with the Gimble buttons the camera will all the sudden start recording.

I'm all sorts of messed up and disappointed.

i just got my Gimble and got physically installed but now issues. When I turn on both solo and remote the Gimble only 1 out of 5 times give or take will level itself and often just kind of slow motion try to move into position.

Second whenever I try to use the paddle on left to move camera the remote errors out on manual camera something failed contact 3 dr. I have done that but am looking for ideas. One last part of that is if I keep messing with the Gimble buttons the camera will all the sudden start recording.

I'm all sorts of messed up and disappointed.

I'm having gimbal problems as well, more or less the same as you are. I have a ticket started with the support depatrment.

I had the same issue with the camera paddles and this is what 3DR sent back:
Thank you for contacting 3DRobotics technical support, I have attached the instructions on how to do a “stick calibration” on your controller, this will solve the "camera point manual error - Contact 3DR" issue and will allow you to have full control of the gimbal with the paddle and roll buttons.
Here are the PDF instructions they sent me.

Attachments

• Solo guide to stick cal(Mac).pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
  • Solo guide to stick cal(Windows).pdf
    328.3 KB · Views: 65
Thanks for posting this. It is also useful when you are consistently getting disconnects from the controller at close range.

I'm having gimbal problems as well, more or less the same as you are. I have a ticket started with the support depatrment.

Thank you for contacting 3DRobotics technical support, I have attached the instructions on how to do a “stick calibration” on your controller, this will solve the "camera point manual error - Contact 3DR" issue and will allow you to have full control of the gimbal with the paddle and roll buttons.
Did you do the calibration? If so, did it resolve the issue?
Thanks

Thought I'd share 3dr gave me this same recommendation after me taking a video of the issue and the problem has been resolved and my quad is much more responsive. Thx!

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Not to fanboy, but credit where it is due?

Ever been in the call que at other manufacturers. Sent an email and waited, then waited, oh then waited some more???

It's awesome to have a conversation with support, even over a weekend. Yes, one Sat evening I went back and forth with the 3DR support crew. This company is going in the right direction. They respond to your ticket and quickly responded to my follow up questions. Kicking butt and taking names IMHO. Thank you 3DR!

Reactions: Earldgrayjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44