"Gimballed" solo first Video edit + Question

Reaction score
Here is a link to my first day of flying the solo with a gimbal! (Gimbal found in San Diego Yesterday)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am very happy with this product so far even though this morning brought a few technical difficulties...
So after flying for a few minutes with steady video, the gimbal flopped and pointed straight down to the ground. I immediately landed and power cycled through everything. Again fixed the problem for about 2 min after take off.

Things I Know
Gopro up to date
HERO4 Silver Edition Camera Current software version: HD4.01.03.00.00
I performed level calibration before ever flying w/ gimbal. (performed with gimbal on)
and wires seemed routed fine...

Possibilites
I was reading on this forum about the gimbal being at 0 degrees and 90 degrees maybe being the issue?
I was flying using the frame 2.0 filters (unbalanced gimbal?)
do I need to compass calibrate?

Seems like a lot of people are having the issue with the gimbal flopping and correcting it self in air. I needed to power cycle through everything. Again super stoked on this product and look forward to the further development to improve it even more!

i had two flights today with new gimbal and no flops for me

i had two flights today with new gimbal and no flops for me

the music on the gimbal test2 sounds like a funeral parade lol ^_^ just kidding very nice footage anyway

Last edited:
Haven't been able to test my gimbal yet. I walked to the park this morning (after knee surgery on Wednesday), Solo in backpack, 5 batts fully charged, get to the park only to realize I didn't have my props! I had taken them out to see if I could balance them and forgot to put them back in the backpack!

Maybe tomorrow...

I am leaning towards the filters throwing off the gimbal... Although they are light, its enough to put the gimbal out of balance. it would be cool if there is a way to balance it with the filter.

Here is a link to my first day of flying the solo with a gimbal! (Gimbal found in San Diego Yesterday)

I am very happy with this product so far even though this morning brought a few technical difficulties...
So after flying for a few minutes with steady video, the gimbal flopped and pointed straight down to the ground. I immediately landed and power cycled through everything. Again fixed the problem for about 2 min after take off.

Things I Know
Gopro up to date
HERO4 Silver Edition Camera Current software version: HD4.01.03.00.00
I performed level calibration before ever flying w/ gimbal. (performed with gimbal on)
and wires seemed routed fine...

Possibilites
I was reading on this forum about the gimbal being at 0 degrees and 90 degrees maybe being the issue?
I was flying using the frame 2.0 filters (unbalanced gimbal?)
do I need to compass calibrate?

Seems like a lot of people are having the issue with the gimbal flopping and correcting it self in air. I needed to power cycle through everything. Again super stoked on this product and look forward to the further development to improve it even more!
I also have Hero 4 Silver and have done 2 flights w/ gimbal. Same thing....randomly, the gimbal looks like it looses power and flops around looking down....corrects itself in about 10 seconds. I have no idea???

I am leaning towards the filters throwing off the gimbal... Although they are light, its enough to put the gimbal out of balance. it would be cool if there is a way to balance it with the filter.
I have been having this same problem and don't use a filter

I also have Hero 4 Silver and have done 2 flights w/ gimbal. Same thing....randomly, the gimbal looks like it looses power and flops around looking down....corrects itself in about 10 seconds. I have no idea???

So then I would lean towards either powering up facing north and doing a stick calibration... Im not sure. Mine doesn't fix it self so that make me this the filter plus a certain moment of the quad makes the gimbal flop and stay flopped. I guys time will tell. Im gonna fly in a little and experiment... I will give updates for sure.

Reactions: John Bentley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44