Gimbal Video Issue

Reaction score
I picked up a solo with a gimbal super cheap. The solo flies fine, but video won't pass through the gimbal. If we plug our GoPro into the cable that comes directly out of the solo it works fine. If we run it through the gimbal we lose video.

Has anyone done any trouble shooting on video pass through on the gimbal? Does anyone have any thoughts on where I might start?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't know. It was used.

4 black, and I assume the latest.

Don't believe it's the GoPro though because it works with another solo.

Don't believe it's the GoPro though because it works with another solo.

So walk me through what you're doing. You're saying you turn solo on with the camera connected to HDMI but not the Herobus connection in the gimbal and you see video but the video stops when you connect the gopro to the gimbal?

If that's the case, try these scenarios if you haven't:

1) Gopro and solo off, gopro fully connected to gimbal. Turn on solo. This is what usually works for me.

2) Gopro on, solo off, gopro fully connected. Turn on solo. This should also work.

3) Gopro off, solo off. Gopro connected to Herobus but not HDMI. Turn everything on and then plug i HDMI.

Two more important things you may already know: connecting stuff to hbus while the gopro is on sometimes (usually?) freezes the gopro and also sometimes you need to restart the app to make video work properly.

Actually I get no video going through the gimbal with or without the GoPro plugged into the bus (tried both).

When remove the gimbal and plug the GoPro into the HDMI cable that goes into the gimbal I get video.

I will still go through the trouble shooting steps and report back. Thanks for the tips!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks