This is a strange lesson in human philosophy. If you look at the original price of $400, just for the gimble alone, $150 or $200 is a steal. However, because we saw prices for $49 at one time, now $150 seems ridiculous. The people that paid the original price for the Solo with a gimble, must be jumping out windows by now.;)
This is so very true lol ,but a guy like me is far too thrifty to pay those original prices so I wait until the price goes down to my comfort zone or I go without when it comes to things like this.

Go online to Amazon.com (damnit, I should be paid for advertising...). A hand held gimbal for a gopro costs about $149 up. Those gimbals don't have any smart shot capabilities and don't work in drones. So $200 for a gimbal that does work with your Solo and does let you do smart shots is actually quite a good price. Sure, you may have missed out on a fire sale where you could have gotten them for $50, but you're still capable of getting them for 50% of the original sale price ($400). So think of it as getting a 3DR solo Gimbal at 50% off.

So latest update... $278 is the cheapest you'll find it on Amazon it seems. Meanwhile, the avg price is hitting $298. The highest I've seen is $373.66 + $17.82 shipping.

So latest update... $278 is the cheapest you'll find it on Amazon it seems. Meanwhile, the avg price is hitting $298. The highest I've seen is $373.66 + $17.82 shipping.
After not hearing from Bruce (see above) I got a new one off of ebay with a best offer of $215 and it sounds like I got lucky

Try calling around smaller, local stores. I got a new in box gimbal for $200 NZD ($140ish USD) this week. All I had to do was call around and ask if they happened to have one left and I got lucky. This works best with smaller privately owned stores, not the big box retailers

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I'd like to point out that I did reply to Gosling1. or should I say I tried to. The site software ate my reply each and every time. And I was exhausted so I just let it drop.

I found one for $175 USD on ebay last week but it says 'Like New. Fitted to 3DR Solo, but never flown. Used for Demo purpose. Comes in original box.'
Fingers crossed.

Are we sitting comfortably? Then lets begin...

Average Gimbal Price $385. This is slightly skewed because one cheap and one mid range priced Gimbal were only available for pickup from California (no shipping), so really should have included the price of a plane ticket there...

Highest price on Ebay is $536, lowest price (inc shipping) is $266.15. Cheapest Amazon price is currently $299 inc shipping.

I found a few deals for the solo + gimbal + backpack for 400ish. Only just got one and now already want to buy more considering how easy it is to program and to work with.

I have procured two like new Solos complete with gimbals for less than $300 each lately. The extra transmitter, batteries, and parts more than make up the difference versus buying a gimbal alone for over $200.

The updated prices.... soon we'll all give up flying our solo's because the Gimbals are just too expensive....

So today's average price is looking to be around $626.53 I kid you not.

That's nearly double the price since before Christmas. There were a few odd ones pushing the price up though:

New 3DR Solo Gimbal 3 Axis Gopro New Smart Drone Hero 3 Hero 4 | eBay
3DR Solo Gimbal 3 Axis Gopro New Best Christmas gift Smart Drone Hero 3 Hero 4 | eBay

There is also a cheap one for sale "used" but " 100% working" for $175.... but who knows if it's worth the risk or not.

The updated prices.... soon we'll all give up flying our solo's because the Gimbals are just too expensive....

So today's average price is looking to be around $626.53 I kid you not.

That's nearly double the price since before Christmas. There were a few odd ones pushing the price up though:

New 3DR Solo Gimbal 3 Axis Gopro New Smart Drone Hero 3 Hero 4 | eBay
3DR Solo Gimbal 3 Axis Gopro New Best Christmas gift Smart Drone Hero 3 Hero 4 | eBay

There is also a cheap one for sale "used" but " 100% working" for $175.... but who knows if it's worth the risk or not.
No way is any gimbal worth that kind of money to me ,that's nuckin futs

Reactions: brianuc4
That is crazy. I have a new factory sealed gimbal I am thinking about selling. Does anybody want to make an offer?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M