Gimbal modd

Reaction score
I can get a 3D Tarot gimbal that is compatible with the gopro i used mainly on my solos. Is it difficult to get it working propperly on the solo ? I also have a working 2D gimbal soldered to the circuit board Solo and the gimbal. Previous owner done that and the pitch worked also. Anyone think its worth the purchase and effort ?

I can get a 3D Tarot gimbal that is compatible with the gopro i used mainly on my solos. Is it difficult to get it working propperly on the solo ? I also have a working 2D gimbal soldered to the circuit board Solo and the gimbal. Previous owner done that and the pitch worked also. Anyone think its worth the purchase and effort ?
I have one with a Tarot gimbal. It works great! Easy to set up. No camera controls of course.

Why not? I even have pitch control on the 2D crappy chinese gimbal under my.other solo..
Only thing negative there is that both ends are soldered onto the boards and cant be disconnected by any plugs.

Why not? I even have pitch control on the 2D crappy chinese gimbal under my.other solo..
You can't change the camera settings or trigger the pictures or start and stop video. You CAN control the pitch angle of the gimbal like normal.

You can't change the camera settings or trigger the pictures or start and stop video. You CAN control the pitch angle of the gimbal like normal.
I wouldnt know as for now its not relevant in my current case. I have issues along the whole range of things. My GoPro 3+ works fine but the hdmi port has broken off the board so i wont have it connected to solex and have neither any controls / fpv except for that one thing called pitch control hahaha. As that is related to it bot controlled by the gimbal/controller hehe. So any recording im already forced to manually press it before going up ..

But new question , if my cam hdmi issues were not present and doing all fine. Is there no possible option to get full functionality like i would have using the stock 3DR gimbal? And fpv signal i assume remains possible or is lost in the list of things that wont be possible in the case of using another off brand gimbal instead of the mandatory one???

I wouldnt know as for now its not relevant in my current case. I have issues along the whole range of things. My GoPro 3+ works fine but the hdmi port has broken off the board so i wont have it connected to solex and have neither any controls / fpv except for that one thing called pitch control hahaha. As that is related to it bot controlled by the gimbal/controller hehe. So any recording im already forced to manually press it before going up ..
Which connector is broken, gimbal PCB or the I.MX6 board/motherboard in Solo? Sorry to hear that.

Which connector is broken, gimbal PCB or the I.MX6 board/motherboard in Solo? Sorry to hear that.
But what is the reason if it all works fine free of damages including a new gopro cam for the new Tarot 3D III gimbal i ordered you say wont have any control functions? Is there zero options to get that working aswell like we are used to on the proper stock solo gimbal setup ?

But what is the reason if it all works fine free of damages including a new gopro cam for the new Tarot 3D III gimbal i ordered you say wont have any control functions? Is there zero options to get that working aswell like we are used to on the proper stock solo gimbal setup ?
Don't know anything about Tarot gimbals...I think it was JB that made that observation. I'm running the 3DR gimbal here. I hope you get it going! But yeah, I'm guessing there is not much one can do
regarding a broken Hero connector...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feamador