Gimbal issue - that cable is way too thick and rigid.

Reaction score
I bought the gimbal and installed it.

After looking at the HDMI video cable, there is no way this can operate properly.

The supplied cable is way too thick and rigid to allow the gimbal proper movement and float.

I googled other cables, and found flexible HDMI cables for drones.

What did people on here do?

Thanks
I inserted a pic of a cable I found that might work.
Cable.jpg

Attachments

• Cable.jpg
    Cable.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Mitchell Gerdes

After looking at the HDMI video cable, there is no way this can operate properly.

The supplied cable is way too thick and rigid to allow the gimbal proper movement and float.

Thanks
View attachment 1480
probably it work because its a standar hdmi cable the diferences is the cable is flat

I cut/pasted the wrong link. They have a micro version too.

Does anybody know what size connects to the circuit board? I think it's mini.
Looks like the micro right angle to straight mini cable is 5.9 inches. Too short to follow the same route as the original cable- maybe it's flexible enough to go direct from gimbal to board.

They only offer a right angle Micro HDMI connector. You may have an issue at the main circuit connection, clearance from the belly. If they offered a straight connector this would appear to be a great solution.

They only offer a right angle Micro HDMI connector. You may have an issue at the main circuit connection, clearance from the belly. If they offered a straight connector this would appear to be a great solution.
Doesn't the rt. angle plug into the gimbal and the straight mini to the circuit board?

Thanks
View attachment 1480
I have seen that cable before but have read that the problem is that it is not shielded, and the RF could effect GPS.

I have seen that cable before but have read that the problem is that it is not shielded, and the RF could effect GPS.
From my research, for MICRO HDMI connectors, shielding is a big issue in maintaining throughput as well. The AerialPix cable ribbon it's not so much the issue, but the circuit board/terminals that needs further shielding.

Doesn't the rt. angle plug into the gimbal and the straight mini to the circuit board?
Both connectors are MICRO HDMI for the Solo's application. The MINI HDMI is twice as large as the MICRO HDMI male connector.

Reactions: Maddog
From my research, for MICRO HDMI connectors, shielding is a big issue in maintaining throughput as well. The AerialPix cable ribbon it's not so much the issue, but the circuit board/terminals that needs further shielding.

Both connectors are MICRO HDMI for the Solo's application. The MINI HDMI is twice as large as the MICRO HDMI male connector.
Ok, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks