Gimbal facing slightly left

Reaction score
I've been having an issue with my 3dr solo gimbal with GoPro hero 4 black. When shooting in wide, the front left leg is in the picture. I get it in both video and photos mode. The gimbal faces a few degrees to the left (drones left side). I've done the stick calibration, and both calibrations in the solo app, and still has the issue.
I've been trying to use mission planner to rectify the issue but cannot seem to get the leg out of the photo in wide shots. Is there a way to trim the pan? Of the gimbal?
Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
8560b5abe87439b7e1ce3042cef26b14.jpg
6ab9837450d0bb57fd111a5db4a86a3a.jpg

All I can offer is this: I have (2) gimbals. One had a slight (~8 deg.) tilt and I was unable to get rid of it. I installed the other gimbal, and it has no tilt at all. And in my reading about trying to fix the issue, I found no real solution other than gimbal replacement.

I shoot with Medium field of view, so I see no legs in my videos. You may have to do the same.

I've been having an issue with my 3dr solo gimbal with GoPro hero 4 black. When shooting in wide, the front left leg is in the picture. I get it in both video and photos mode. The gimbal faces a few degrees to the left (drones left side). I've done the stick calibration, and both calibrations in the solo app, and still has the issue.
I've been trying to use mission planner to rectify the issue but cannot seem to get the leg out of the photo in wide shots. Is there a way to trim the pan? Of the gimbal?
Open the solo up so you can see the top of the gimbal then turn that round wheel on top of the pan motor

I have the same problem. I like to fly fpv at about 3 - 4 foot about the ground down the lime rock road I live on. (Don't worry, there's no traffic on my road.) Lots of fun. I once crashed into some weeds, since then my gimbal has been pointing slightly to one side. Sort of takes the fun away when you are facing down the road but the Solo keeps trying to take out trees. I was wondering if there isn't some way to calibrate it rather than replace it.

Mine faces about 5 degrees to the right...I run my gopro on medium and u can't tell in the video..I've learned to live with it.. also make sure ur hdmi cable isn't pulling or pushing on it.. it took me about 20 times to get my hdmi cable routed right ur gimble cable needs to move very freely

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44