Gimbal controller board

there is nothing super special about the gopro gimbal other than the gopro interface. Best I can tell
What is special is that the gimbal *talks back* to the bird. This is what allows any smart shot that records gimbal position to work. It also allows smooth transitions and certain angle or position holds, since the computer actively knows where the gimbal is in 3 dimensions, and can calculate deltas and expected deltas based on the 3D fix of the bird itself.

So no, the go pro interface is not the only special thing in my opinion. But we'll you know what that is worth...

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
that is basic encoder support right? the solo gimbal is not the only encoder gimbal system.
And yes I agree, that is what make the smart shots so nice. T

The solo isn't the only encoder gimbal, but it is the only one to my knowledge to expose the positional data to the outside world.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
is there actually anyone that has another gimbal on his solo and tried every smart shot and can tell us if everything is working like it should be ?
and please don´t forget to mention the things that are NOT working like with the original gimbal

not sure if they are on here, but someone on facebook showed a storm32 doing a cable cam with full control

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421