Gimbal arrived!! Loose flex cable!

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
So I just got my gimbal this afternoon overnighted by Vu!! When I pulled it out I was checking all 3 axis and noticed the tilt axis was catching and clicking. I thought "oh great! Been waiting for 5 months and I get a bad one." Well after looking at it closely I noticed that on the back side you can see a flex cable that is for the video feed. It was catching on the seem if the plastic housing. So I pushed I it. And it stuck down. No more catching or clicking. And it rotates smoothly too. Looks like the adhesive didn't hold tightly or get pressed down properly.

Having this cable catch could be a cause of the gimbal going limp. Hard to say for sure but it's something to keep in mind. At this time I haven't installed it yet but I can only hope for good things to come.

This is the cable on the back side.
780213fa2e8b9eef079a20eb61743932.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope the black flat flex cable below those that has a lot of glare coming off of it.

Nice catch I'm betting with all of us getting pretty close to losing it over this release, if something small like this caused the limp gimbal a lot of folks would just give in and return. Hope this cuts down on issues, good luck got mine in the air today and I'm back to loving my solo again, rip p2 rip.

Best advice I can give is to maybe try to rub the cable down with something soft like a q-tip.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44