Getting High Res IMU through Mavlink udp

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm working on a project where I'm using MAVROS to connect to the Solo and access its sensor data. But I'm only getting sensor data at ~10Hz. How do I increase the stream rate of the sensors through MAVLINK? Some googling shows that it can be done by meddling with the firmware a bit, but I do not know how exactly.

I'm currently using stock firmware. Will upgrading to OpenSolo help in anyway?

Any insights would be really helpful!

Thanks! I tried changing the SR1_ parameters with QGroundcontrol and MAV inspector shows the RAW_IMU rate increasing to upto 50 Hz. But disconnecting from the GCS returns the stream back to 2Hz. I tried rebooting the Solo and now it doesn't startup properly, getting stuck at 4 solid green lights. Have you had this problem before? How can I restore the Solo?

Edit: The green lights go away and normal white and red lights are back but it does not pair to the controller anymore , which stays on "Waiting for solo".

Going to try a factory reset...

Last edited:
I'm guessing what you changed seriously pissed off the serial connection to the IMX. Breaking that link would break the link to your controller and app too

I'm guessing what you changed seriously pissed off the serial connection to the IMX. Breaking that link would break the link to your controller and app too

I changed the baudrate and the stream rate.

Factory reset doesn't seem to fix it. Any idea how I can get this back to normal?

Last edited:
Ya it won't. When 3DR made the factory reset process, they didn't have it do a parameter reset on the pixhawk. Which is dumb. I fixed that in Open Solo. But with your stock solo, you're kinda screwed. You will need to open it up, connect to the Pixhawk by USB with Mission Planner, and manually reset the parameters.

Thanks, I guess I'll try that. Then I'm going to switch to OpenSolo!

What do you think is a good way to go about increasing the stream rate after I switch to OpenSolo? It seems to be possible in theory from I saw.

Ya it won't. When 3DR made the factory reset process, they didn't have it do a parameter reset on the pixhawk. Which is dumb. I fixed that in Open Solo. But with your stock solo, you're kinda screwed. You will need to open it up, connect to the Pixhawk by USB with Mission Planner, and manually reset the parameters.

I took out the Pixhawk cube from the board and connected it to my computer via USB but nothing lights up. Does the cube need to be connected to a carrier board in order to power up? Or have I completely fried the cube?

Cube needs to be in a carrier. Just plug in while it is still attached. It's probably the baud rate that pissed it off. Serial 1 should be 921. But I suggest keeping the solo opened up while you test things I'm not sure what is needed for what you're doing.

Cube needs to be in a carrier. Just plug in while it is still attached. It's probably the baud rate that pissed it off. Serial 1 should be 921. But I suggest keeping the solo opened up while you test things I'm not sure what is needed for what you're doing.

I have the pixhawk connected via USB. It lights up and keeps clicking, but neither QGC or MP is able to recognize it.

Can I just upload the the default firmware onto the SD card? Is the pixhawk firmware different from the Solo's firmware?

My previous plan was to just change back the baudrate on the pixhawk and see if it would connect to the IMX again.

Update: It powers up with the normal sounds but QGC still doesn't recognize it. How do I access the SD card on the cube? The clear plastic back seems unremovable.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela