Galaxy tab s2?

Reaction score
According to everything I have found on the S2, other than size they are absolutely identical. (And the battery) so, I am wondering if I can use the 9.7 with the solo app or do I have to get the little 8" version?

They both have same processor, same wifi, same operating system so that is all that should matter. It will be running lollipop 5.0.2

I'm also looking at an S2. Will the 9.7 fit the Solo mount?

Probably not but that can be easily dealt with. I use a hangar bracket for my devices in the semi. I can glue one on the back in such a way that the clamp will hold it.

Ended up getting an iPad air 2. It's a little big for the bracket. It would go in, but was stretched so it tried to push out the bottom. A minor mod got it working, but that's a temporary fix until I come up with something better. 1/2 inch and all would have been good.

If anyone gets an s2 let us know how it is working for you.

I was shopping the Galaxy Tab S for a while but ended up getting an iPad mini with cellular. T-Mobile has some very reasonable plans and all I will use cell data for is pulling in maps. I don't want to have to worry about caching maps before I need them.

You guys aren't trying to attach iPad minis in landscape right - from top to bottom? Just attach it in portrait mode then rotate the mount into landscape.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Anyone using a Galaxy Tab A?
Mine has worked but Im not sure if its one of the more qualified tablets.

I just got an S2. I haven't flown it yet, but the Solo app works OK with indoor testing.

I'll report back after I get a chance to fly it.

I flew a short flight with the Tab S2. It seems to work well.

One minor point, i'm not sure why, the video frame in map mode only shows part of the frame. I sent a support ticket to see what they say.

I haven't flown since the last firmware update, so I don't know if this is an issue with the new firmware or with the S2.

I do want to add that I was very impressed with the short latency of the video using the Tab S2. It's very short, probably about 200 ms. Hard to tell as I think it would need special tools to try to measure it. Perhaps a frame by frame comparison and measurement to know the exact amount of latency.

8" Tab A works just fine. No issues, other than map cache. I was on fence with Tab A or new S2. The A was $100 cheaper. I don't need the better processor or screen resolution for drone flying. I do not use the tab A for anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig