FROZEN ON GREEN LEDS!!!

Reaction score
HI!

i went to do a factory reset on my drone, when the battery died almost to the end of the process. now, all it will do is show solid green LEDs. i've tried to do the process again, and no luck..it just sits and stays green. i've tried to re-pair it to the controller, and that done nothing.

now i fear i have a bricked drone!!!

HOW CAN I FIX THIS???

HI!

i went to do a factory reset on my drone, when the battery died almost to the end of the process. now, all it will do is show solid green LEDs. i've tried to do the process again, and no luck..it just sits and stays green. i've tried to re-pair it to the controller, and that done nothing.

now i fear i have a bricked drone!!!

HOW CAN I FIX THIS???
Why did you factory reset in the first place what was wrong with the solo?

Just try another factory reset with a fully charged battery, if that does not work try to reset the Pixhawk it's a long shot but may work, take the gimbal and gimbal bay cover off the solo you will see a switch named SSWT hold it in and reboot the solo continue to hold it in until you hear the beeps, it will sound slightly different, this may or may not work, if you did brick it you will need to open the solo and manually transfer the needed files. You should always have a fresh battery when resetting the drone and or doing updates.

Last edited:
I had the same issue when my open solo update went wrong. May very well have been my error I’m not sure however after connecting the pixhawk with a USB to mission planner and resetting it worked.

Why did you factory reset in the first place what was wrong with the solo?

Just try another factory reset with a fully charged battery, if that does not work try to reset the Pixhawk it's a long shot but may work, take the gimbal and gimbal bay cover off the solo you will see a switch named SSWT hold it in and reboot the solo continue to hold it in until you hear the beeps, it will sound slightly different, this may or may not work, if you did brick it you will need to open the solo and manually transfer the needed files. You should always have a fresh battery when resetting the drone and or doing updates.

Similar RESET issue on my end. If I have a second SOLO, can I transfer files from that solo using the micro SD card, just switching it out?

You can try it should work it's just a pain, what is your solo not doing?
Well, like others have done, I have erroneously used the "Factory Reset" in an effort to go back to the original SoloLink WiFi password. So now the Solo just remains at the BLUE / RED LEDs. Only get the first tones after about a minute, but doesn't finish the process where all LEDs go to a BLUEish color.

Well, like others have done, I have erroneously used the "Factory Reset" in an effort to go back to the original SoloLink WiFi password. So now the Solo just remains at the BLUE / RED LEDs. Only get the first tones after about a minute, but doesn't finish the process where all LEDs go to a BLUEish color.
Also, the LEDs don't go through their process of changing colors part way through the process. So it's hung-up part way through...

I had one successful RESET, but the controller shut-off before I could pair, and once I turned the controller back on, it just didn't connect. Been following this YouTube Video (which did work), but still no luck. So off to find a YouTube video for Solo Tear-down to get to the SD card.

Try that, and then try a factory reset turn off the solo stick a toothpick/paperclip in the pair button hole and turn on the solo hold it for at least 15 seconds...
Yeah, I hadn't tried the 15sec again yet. I'll do that too. :)

I had one successful RESET, but the controller shut-off before I could pair, and once I turned the controller back on, it just didn't connect. Been following this YouTube Video (which did work), but still no luck. So off to find a YouTube video for Solo Tear-down to get to the SD card.
Did you reset the controller also that is needed?

When you hold the sswt button in hold that until you here the tones
Yep. Gonna try the whole routine again. Then just try to copy the files from one SD card to another. Then try that. Don't want to brick two Solos!

Reactions: XevetS
Finally used a second TX to PAIR, also used the SD Card image from the second TX to write a new Image to the First TX that would not pair and would not get past the UPDATE before first flight.

Everything seems to work now, just the annoying UPDATE before first flight that goes away once Solo connects. The data on the Solo TX LCD also looks different now too. Flown it a couple times now and seems to work ok.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo