Follow Me

Reaction score
I've not used the follow me feature yet but I am wanting to take the solo on a kayaking mission. Can I set this up, have it follow me while putting the control in a drybag in my kayak, jump out within say 10-15 minutes, at a good spot to land, grab the controller, and land it by hitting Fly?

If not, can someone explain how to accomplish my goal?

I've not used the follow me feature yet but I am wanting to take the solo on a kayaking mission. Can I set this up, have it follow me while putting the control in a drybag in my kayak, jump out within say 10-15 minutes, at a good spot to land, grab the controller, and land it by hitting Fly?

If not, can someone explain how to accomplish my goal?
That would work. But remember, the Solo is following your phone/tablet not the controller. And the tablet will need a good view of the sky to maintain GPS reception, which is then relayed to the Solo. Be sure and post the video when done!

But you have to keep the controller near, correct? So if my phone is in my kayak, it won't have a good view of the sky. Sounds like this may not work?

But you have to keep the controller near, correct? So if my phone is in my kayak, it won't have a good view of the sky. Sounds like this may not work?
Just put the controller and the phone in a dry bag and put it at the top. Test by holding the controller and put the phone in the Kayak and pull along the bank to verify that the kayak material is not blocking the GPS signals.

Just put the controller and the phone in a dry bag and put it at the top. Test by holding the controller and put the phone in the Kayak and pull along the bank to verify that the kayak material is not blocking the GPS signals.
What do you mean, put it at the top? Let me clarify, I will be whitewater kayaking.

What do you mean, put it at the top? Let me clarify, I will be whitewater kayaking.
I was just referring to wherever you are going to put it while you raft, and if it was possible to keep the phone from being buried to deep in the kayak.

I was just referring to wherever you are going to put it while you raft, and if it was possible to keep the phone from being buried to deep in the kayak.
No possible. Whitewater kayaking everything would have to be inside the kayak.

What's the point of follow me if you cannot throw your controller/phone in your backpack and go??

What's the point of follow me if you cannot throw your controller/phone in your backpack and go??
No one said you couldn't. All you have to do is try it. Put the phone in your backpack and hold the controller in your hand and test it. Some materials allow GPS signals to pass through easier than others. No one can tell you whether yours will work or not. Try it.

Do you land the Solo manually since one would likely be far away from the original takeoff point?

depending on you OS / App use return to me as well
IOS solo app, or android Solex
I use return to bring it back to me, I never use it to land
Never had the flipping on land some people have had

depending on you OS / App use return to me as well
IOS solo app, or android Solex
I use return to bring it back to me, I never use it to land
Never had the flipping on land some people have had
So if I hit the home button, it will fly to me where I am with the controller?

So if I hit the home button, it will fly to me where I am with the controller?
The default setting for the home button is to Return to Home (RTH). It will go to where it took off from (or more accurately, where it first obtained the gps lock).

There is another setting for the home button called Return to Me (RTM), which is supposed to do what you describe...it goes to where the controller currently is.

The default setting for the home button is to Return to Home (RTH). It will go to where it took off from (or more accurately, where it first obtained the gps lock).

There is another setting for the home button called Return to Me (RTM), which is supposed to do what you describe...it goes to where the controller currently is.
Oh, excellent information. How does one set this up?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986