Follow help

Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to get follow to work. Controller service GPS not found on phone. Anybody know why it says that. Other features work great on solo. Only the follow does not work. Thanks

What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to get follow to work. Controller service GPS not found on phone. Anybody know why it says that. Other features work great on solo. Only the follow does not work. Thanks

From Solo Manual

5.4 Follow

Follow creates a virtual tether between Solo and your mobile device, allowing Solo to track you as
you move. If
the Follow subject is engaged in an activity that prevents them from using the controller, you are
required to use a safety pilot during Follow. The subject will carry the mobile device and be
followed by Solo, and the safety pilot will hold the controller and be ready to regain manual
control at any time.

Don’t allow more than 500 feet of distance between the controller and the mobile device; however,
specific range limits depend on the device being used. If too much distance is allowed between the
controller and the mobile device, the device could lose connection with the controller.
5.4.1 Follow Setup

To start Follow, select Follow from the Shot List in the app and navigate Solo to face the subject.
Tap the instructional bar to begin following.
Figure 5.4.1.1: App - Follow Setup
Orbit
Altitude
Adjust radius
Camera
Subject altitude
Always ensure that there is a clear path for Solo during Follow. It
will not avoid obstacles that come into the flight path as a result of
following the subject.
5.4.2 Follow Operation

Once activated, Solo will automatically follow the mobile device wherever the subject carries it.
In the app, the subject can press the left and right arrows to orbit Solo around them. On the
controller, move the right stick up and down to adjust the following distance, and move the right
stick left and right to orbit around the subject. Use the
left stick to adjust Solo’s altitude during Follow and to override the camera tracking and
temporarily pan the camera left and right. At any time during Follow, press Pause to stop Solo and
the camera will continue to track the subject. Press Fly to return to standard flight.
Figure 5.4.2.1: Follow Controls
5.4.3 Follow Settings

Select the Settings menu to adjust the default cruise speed during Follow. Follow’s default cruise
speed is set to 2.2 mph (1 m/s).
Figure 5.4.3.1: App - Follow Settings

I
I have the same problem.. I'm using an iPad mini2.. And it keeps saying no GPS when trying follow me mode..!! So I found out that my iPad mini isint compatible for that mode..!!
So now I basacly have to by an iPhone 5s to be cpmpatible with follow me mode..

I

I have the same problem.. I'm using an iPad mini2.. And it keeps saying no GPS when trying follow me mode..!! So I found out that my iPad mini isint compatible for that mode..!!
So now I basacly have to by an iPhone 5s to be cpmpatible with follow me mode..
For many of the apple tablets, they do not include GPS. GPS is required for Follow Mode. Without it, what would it follow?

For many of the apple tablets, they do not include GPS. GPS is required for Follow Mode. Without it, what would it follow?
Keep in mind that several tablets do have GPS though, including Andpid tablets, which should be at least considered because you can also then run Tower.

As an example, Nexus 7 tablets go for less than $200.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado