Foating solo. Flying over water

Correct no gimbal. The silicon spray helps in stopping corrosion and dust damage.

I flew today with no problems. I landed and took off from the water twice. The solo is very stable. I installed the waterproof housing on the camera also. I sprayed silicon conformal coating on all electronics. I will post video later. It is too windy today.
How do you keep the housing on the camera while flying?

Here is the picture. I put silicone caulk around usb plug
6a7a08c82ae782d63e0ab906d9b63c9e.jpg

Good Idea but be careful -- I did that with my Traxas a year or so ago and due to my stupidity it flipped and drowned. (No more traxas). Still have the pontoons Have not tried it with the Solo -yet.

Good Idea but be careful -- I did that with my Traxas a year or so ago and due to my stupidity it flipped and drowned. (No more traxas). Still have the pontoons Have not tried it with the Solo -yet.
I am using boat mode with green cube now. CANNOT download on this site. Having trouble with video. No problem, taking off from a boat or from on the water.

I am using boat mode with green cube now. CANNOT download on this site. Having trouble with video. No problem, taking off from a boat or from on the water.
Posted video on discussion topic Foating Solo

Fun- but I’m thinking you should extend the floats like outriggers - the drone can have a tendency to pivot on those points of contact as with some can experience with landing - having my solo for only a few days I’ve seen that roll and could only think to restrict that movement with outriggers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44