Flying with gimbel but no camera

Reaction score
Good day...I'm eager to flying for the first time...low safe flying...My question is I had to order another gopro...so while I wait could i fly without damaging the gimbel since it will be without camera....any input would be gladly appreciated.....Thanks

Its not good for the gimbal since it is not balanced and it will continually be working against that imbalance. I'm certainly not the expert but all you have to do is take the gimbal off and you are good to go. Four screws and unplug the cable. If you have the static gopro camera holder you can put it on in the place of the gimbal to cover the hole.

@Flyinglawnmower is correct - do not fly with a gimbal on the Solo with no camera. Remove the gimbal, replace with static mount or leave bay open, do a compass calibration, then fly. Once you get your camera, put the gimbal back on, add your camera, do both a level and compass calibration, and you'll be good to go again. Anytime you add or remove anything on your Solo, it is always best to do a compass calibration.

Ok thanks guys...I kinda thought that...glad I asked....Im willing to wait a few days for my gopro....returning my defective one tomorrow....I'm new to all this so I dont want to tamper with gimbel....I haven't done compass calibration yet was waiting to go to appropriate area....I'll just wait it out...Thanks guys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc