Flying Solo Around Washington

Reaction score
Website
www.griffinumbrella.com
We are new to 3DR Pilots and have just discovered this Photos and Videos section so we figured we would post a few of our videos.

EDIT 4/27/2016: We just figured we would update this post with some new content!

We love our Solo and have named her Cinderella!
To see updates on our progress, check out our website: GriffinUmbrella.com
To see all of our videos, check out our channel on YouTube: Griffin Umbrella Co

Any comments regarding our videos are more than welcome, we love to chat and we recognize that we are not professionals so we would be thankful for any advice!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acroduster
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!
Be careful flying around trees as Solo's GPS isn't reliable in that environment. I presume you were flying in "manual"?

What GoPro settings did you use for the night shoot?

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!
Be careful flying around trees as Solo's GPS isn't reliable in that environment. I presume you were flying in "manual"?

What GoPro settings did you use for the night shoot?
Hey Maddog, thank you so much for the reply and for the welcome! This is a great forum!

The trees are definitely a concern for us as we live in a very heavily forested area. We have learned the hard way to conduct most flight operations using "Manual" mode rather than GPS 'Fly' mode. We have only been using 'Fly' to execute smart shots.

As for the night shoot settings, we used a GoPro H4 Black on 1080/wide/60fps with ProTune enabled. We did not change any of the ProTune settings for that flight.
After reading the GoPro Settings sticky thread on this forum we are eager to try changing the EV and ISO limits for our next few flights.

What settings do you find work best for you?

Reactions: Maddog
Hey Maddog, thank you so much for the reply and for the welcome! This is a great forum!

The trees are definitely a concern for us as we live in a very heavily forested area. We have learned the hard way to conduct most flight operations using "Manual" mode rather than GPS 'Fly' mode. We have only been using 'Fly' to execute smart shots.

As for the night shoot settings, we used a GoPro H4 Black on 1080/wide/60fps with ProTune enabled. We did not change any of the ProTune settings for that flight.
After reading the GoPro Settings sticky thread on this forum we are eager to try changing the EV and ISO limits for our next few flights.

Well, that's a complex question. Lots of people recommend 4K or 2.7K, wide so you have room to crop out unwanted stuff.
Actually I like 1080/med/60, pro tune on.
Being able to change EV and ISO on the fly (rofl) really helps. The EV can lighten up night shots so you're not just seeing street lights.

Where abouts are you in WA? My brother lives outside Seattle.

Well, that's a complex question. Lots of people recommend 4K or 2.7K, wide so you have room to crop out unwanted stuff.
Actually I like 1080/med/60, pro tune on.
Being able to change EV and ISO on the fly (rofl) really helps. The EV can lighten up night shots so you're not just seeing street lights.

Where abouts are you in WA? My brother lives outside Seattle.
Agreed, we love being able to remotely change the GoPro settings.
Also we are based in Tacoma, WA about 20 miles south of Seattle.
Still hoping the FAA will eventually allow some UAS night operations.

Hey Fellow Pilots!
We just wanted to update our Photos/Videos thread with some new content.
Please let us know what you think!

Here's one of our Solo overcoming a vertical ring state!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc