Flight battery charger

Reaction score
Hi is my battery charger broken. When I plug into my flight battery the battery charger light blinks red then green repeatedly and the lights on the battery do not blink as before. The battery will eventually charge but it takes a really long time. I'm interested to know if any body has experienced this problem.

Well it's hard to know if it's the charger brick, or the battery. Half of the charging circuitry is actually in the battery. I'd contact 3dr support. More than likely, the problem is in the battery and not the charger.

Do you have more than one battery to test out?

Could the battery be over heated from a recent flight? Since he states that it will eventually charge...

I can't find any documentation about blinking lights on the charger. The Solo's charger isn't anything fancy. Just a CC/CV power supply with a fancy looking plug on the end. It isn't smart, and it has no communication with the brain in the battery. The only thing it knows is the voltage of the battery and current being drawn. I'm with Steve, the battery is probably screwed up and not properly accepting power from the charger in some respect.

Well it's hard to know if it's the charger brick, or the battery. Half of the charging circuitry is actually in the battery. I'd contact 3dr support. More than likely, the problem is in the battery and not the charger.

Do you have more than one battery to test out?
I have 2 batterys both are doing the same thing. I will have to try another charger the only problem is I don't know anyone that owns a solo in my area.

Just curious, how far have you flown the batteries down to? What percent?

Just curious, how far have you flown the batteries down to? What percent?
I allways land at 25 percent. The batters were in my backpack for a week and a half. I dicided to charge them to 50 percent,connected the battery and everything was normal. I checked the battery after about 15 min and found the charger blinking red and green repeatedly . My first thought was the battery so I connected my second battery and it did the same thing. I checked the percentage of the batterys by connecting them to the solo and they were both above 20%.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150