Flew two batteries and its going back

Loss of signal does not sound like its app related. How far away were you?

I couldn't fly more than 90 seconds or less at each attempt yesterday because of repeated loss of the signal while using a Samsung Note 3

LOL........Sorry, so I guess its not just an Apple thing. I'm glad to see it was not only me having the issue. What a bummer

I was flying at an altitude of about 30 feet and never went further than 100 feet from the radio. Most flying was done within 50 feet. I had the antenna configured as suggested in the manual as well.
Someone suggested it is because I didn't do a compass calibration. uh, don't think so.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
I spent some time on RC Planet. Really glad to see I wasn't the only one with App issues. A couple guys who flew 10 plus packs really have some concerns including motors hot enough to cook an egg on.

2nd flight temp at 95 and cloudless sky. 20 min flt time, out to almost 1/2 mile at 140'. All functioned normally, iPad Air2. Cranked up Performance speed, love to fly it. RTH was flawless multiple times. Not a glitch. I will say that there was a step here and there during setup (that was no where to be found in docs) that I had to figure out by experimentation. Had to reboot a number of times but once I got all the steps in the correct (?) order, at least Sortie#2 has been perfect, couldn't ask for more.

2nd flight temp at 95 and cloudless sky. 20 min flt time, out to almost 1/2 mile at 140'. All functioned normally, iPad Air2. Cranked up Performance speed, love to fly it. RTH was flawless multiple times. Not a glitch. I will say that there was a step here and there during setup (that was no where to be found in docs) that I had to figure out by experimentation. Had to reboot a number of times but once I got all the steps in the correct (?) order, at least Sortie#2 has been perfect, couldn't ask for more.

You must be in an RF quiet area. I couldn't come close to that distance with the stock antennas on the controller. I ended up changing them. Other than that, like you, I'm very happy with it.

Reactions: Raybro
I'm not using my phone. I have a S6 edge but I went to Walmart and bought a $90 8in tablet and have not lost app.connection one time and I have about 9 batteries through it with no issues. I've had it up over 400ft and hit the max distance 3 times and it returned to home.

Reactions: Microsprint
has anybody had a problem with the app. while flying the Solo with the Samsung Galaxy S tab 8.4 ?

Not a glitch. I will say that there was a step here and there during setup (that was no where to be found in docs) that I had to figure out by experimentation. Had to reboot a number of times but once I got all the steps in the correct (?) order

Hello David.

Would it be possible for you to post your setup steps here, I am very interested to learn the best setup for the SOLO.

As I am in the UK, I'm still waiting for my delivery which at last contact with 3DR might not be until mid/end July. Making use of the time by gathering as much intel as possible in readiness.

Regards. Mike

First, did you know that the antenna are actually supposed to point downward and away from each other and not up? I experimented with the SOLO in the air and moved the antennas upward and almost lost connection.

Second, you do know 3DR is notorious for excellent customer care right? Instead of trying to deal with Best Buys ridiculousness, why not send your logs to 3DR and speak with them? Ive never heard a story end badly by doing so.

First, did you know that the antenna are actually supposed to point downward and away from each other and not up? I experimented with the SOLO in the air and moved the antennas upward and almost lost connection.

Second, you do know 3DR is notorious for excellent customer care right? Instead of trying to deal with Best Buys ridiculousness, why not send your logs to 3DR and speak with them? Ive never heard a story end badly by doing so.

Yes, Yes and yes. I'm much better off returning it to BB in working ordering. Their have been a few crashes caused by the same issue I had. At this point I'll wait a few months to see what bugs are worked out and how the gimbal is.

I went to Walmart and bought a $90 8in tablet and have not lost app.connection one time

Do you mind stating the make and model of $90 8 inch tablet you got at Walmart that is working with the Solo ap?

My Droid Razr Maxx HD gets a 'app is not compatible' message when I try to download the Solo application. My Razr has Android 4.4.2 so it meets the minimum version of Android. I also have the Tower and 3DR services app loaded with no problem. So why not the Solo app?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela