First Solo flight and video

Reaction score
First flight with the Solo.

PotterMarsh_Feb20171.png

Weather was calm, sunny with low scattered mist patches and 20 degF. I did experience a little icing on the props, but nothing that caused any problems. Everything worked as expected and no crashes!

I recorded the video at 1080/60fps/wide and then edited it in iMovie.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
drop box mangled your video dude
put it on youtube or vimeo

Thanks for the heads up. I changed it to YouTube.

I think the problem with DropBox is that it streams the 1080p version but doesn't automatically adjust the quality if the network connection can't keep up, so it ends up looking mangled.

Nicely done. A suggestion - use medium instead of wide. It does a far better job of keeping the props out of the picture.

Thanks Acro. I did read about that on this in some other threads on here and I think I will switch the setting to that next time. I'm also going to see how much effort it is to crop the video so the props aren't visible.

I'd also like to say that I relied heavily on info and advice from this board before that first flight and I think that definitely contributed to it going so smoothly.

Thanks Acro. I did read about that on this in some other threads on here and I think I will switch the setting to that next time. I'm also going to see how much effort it is to crop the video so the props aren't visible.

I'd also like to say that I relied heavily on info and advice from this board before that first flight and I think that definitely contributed to it going so smoothly.

Smart man...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44