First solo compilation vid

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm just learning all this stuff...drones, flying, videography, colorgrading, video editing, effects, syncing to music, etc. I got the Solo in October, and this is my first vid of what I've captured, that was "usable" lol. Long way to go...

Very nice video. Some cool flying in an urban environment. My solo arrives tomorrow, and seeing all the comments of those with wifi issues in urban areas. What's your setup? Stock, or running any antenna mods? Great start!!

Reactions: PdxSteve
I'm just learning all this stuff...drones, flying, videography, colorgrading, video editing, effects, syncing to music, etc. I got the Solo in October, and this is my first vid of what I've captured, that was "usable" lol. Long way to go...

Very nice, Steve! Looks like you're really getting the hang of it! You definitely are picking up a lot more than I am.

Jerry

Great stuff Steve! You have some really cool stuff to film there.
If I flew a drone between the tall buildings in downtown Phoenix, people would freak and want the pilot drawn & quartered.

Oh by the way, I noticed people drive way to fast in Portland! Lol !

Very nice video. Some cool flying in an urban environment. My solo arrives tomorrow, and seeing all the comments of those with wifi issues in urban areas. What's your setup? Stock, or running any antenna mods? Great start!!
I'm using a FPVLR antenna along with the MikroTik WiFi in the Controller (haven't put in the bird yet)

Reactions: J R
Last edited:
Reactions: J R
Great stuff Steve! You have some really cool stuff to film there.
If I flew a drone between the tall buildings in downtown Phoenix, people would freak and want the pilot drawn & quartered.

Oh by the way, I noticed people drive way to fast in Portland! Lol !
I had a cop standing next to me, and I asked beforehand ;) If you fly high enough, most people won't even notice.

I had a cop standing next to me, and I asked beforehand ;) If you fly high enough, most people won't even notice.
I was wondering how people in the buildings would react to a drone flying by!
(Spoken like Tweety Bird): I tot I taw a dwone fwy by...I did- I did!!

I'm after constructive criticism :) It's cool. I made a lot of mistakes on this stuff and am learning every day, mainly through these forums and video editing videos. I just wish I had this thing at the beginning of summer when the weather was nice lol. I just didn't notice any vibrations in any videos that weren't sped up.

I'm using a FPVLR antenna along with the MikroTik WiFi in the Controller (haven't put in the bird yet)

As stated before, my solo kit arrives Friday and fplvr antenna on Saturday. Have 2 Mikro Tik wifi cards sitting on my work bench, along with the imp GPS mod. I'll run the fplvr from the first flight, but wondering if I should wait until after my 30 days before swapping wifi card in controller and installing the imp mod? After some reading have decided wifi card in controller only for now. Maybe in Solo down the way. Not looking for max distance, but power to keep solid connection and solid video.

Great job with adobe premier. I am using this to edit all my video. Still learning all the features. How did you speed up the frames?

How did you speed up the frames?
You can right click a clip and choose speed/duration. That will change the entire clips speed. For more control, like ramping from slow to fast, you right-click on a FX button on a clip and select Time Remapping/Speed. You can then set key frames and change the speed at multiple spots in a clip, as well as change how it changes like a spline curve. Here's a decent tutorial.

As stated before, my solo kit arrives Friday and fplvr antenna on Saturday. Have 2 Mikro Tik wifi cards sitting on my work bench, along with the imp GPS mod. I'll run the fplvr from the first flight, but wondering if I should wait until after my 30 days before swapping wifi card in controller and installing the imp mod? After some reading have decided wifi card in controller only for now. Maybe in Solo down the way. Not looking for max distance, but power to keep solid connection and solid video.
You might think about keeping everything stock at first to get some baseline information about Solos performance. If it's not good start upgrading from there.
I have the FPVLR antenna, and have done the GPS mod which helped a lot. Have not done the cards yet.

You might think about keeping everything stock at first to get some baseline information about Solos performance. If it's not good start upgrading from there.
I have the FPVLR antenna, and have done the GPS mod which helped a lot. Have not done the cards yet.
Thanks for the advice Maddog. I was thinking I'd go fly stock and sway to the fplvr antenna after a couple batteries. Then maybe do the imp GPS mod. But as far as wifi cards go, I'm leaning to swapping the controller only, a month or so down the road.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44