Firing the Gopro with the Gimbal from Tower

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post for me, apologies if I'm re-hashing old stuff.
So I want to run aerial surveys with my Solo, Gimbal and Hero4Blk.
I can't get Tower to make the camera take shots at specific intervals. Cant get Tower to get the camera to do anything. I noticed when using the Solo app, if the Gopro is set to take stills, hitting the fire button in the Solo app makes it switch over to video... grrrr.
Any ideas?

neX:)

I understand the 4 has the capability to record video while taking periodic snap shots. You may want to look through your GP literature for this feature and see if it works for your needs.

Hi all,

First post for me, apologies if I'm re-hashing old stuff.
So I want to run aerial surveys with my Solo, Gimbal and Hero4Blk.
I can't get Tower to make the camera take shots at specific intervals. Cant get Tower to get the camera to do anything. I noticed when using the Solo app, if the Gopro is set to take stills, hitting the fire button in the Solo app makes it switch over to video... grrrr.
Any ideas?

Hey Nex,

Welcome to the site. I have done aerial surveys with the Solo and GP, but until additional features are released you will need to set the GP to take video/photos simultaneously. At 1080p video you can shoot full res photos and set it for photos every 2-5 seconds. Set the survey up in Tower and you are good to go.

Thanks for the quick feedback fellas.
I have been employing similar workarounds already, but ideally I'd like to have control over the frequency of the shots (gopro vid+pic has very limited time interval options) to keep processing of the orthos efficient.
I also have to add that unfortunately I am one of the many who has a Gimbal which works physically, but the live feed is non-existent. Hopefully it's a software issue and an update will fix it.

I understand the 4 has the capability to record video while taking periodic snap shots. You may want to look through your GP literature for this feature and see if it works for your needs.

Can a GP 4 owner confirm (or deny) that it's possible to record video AND stills in the same flight?

Can a GP 4 owner confirm (or deny) that it's possible to record video AND stills in the same flight?
I have the H4 Black and use that feature for aerial surveys.

So I tried the tower beta for the reason of seeing the video feed from solo. Once you've got that going (you have to enable it in settings tower ui per other thread) you get video in tower.

With that comes two buttons, photo and video. Hit photo, switches to photo mode, hit it again, it takes a shot, again, takes another shot. Hit video, switches to video, hit again, starts recording, hit again, stops recording. Etc. Not quite mainstream yet, but there is your photo control.

I've had decent results allowing GoPro to take stills along with video.

You can also pull stills directly from video ... I use Adobe Lightroom and I am pleased with the results

So I tried the tower beta for the reason of seeing the video feed from solo. Once you've got that going (you have to enable it in settings tower ui per other thread) you get video in tower.

With that comes two buttons, photo and video. Hit photo, switches to photo mode, hit it again, it takes a shot, again, takes another shot. Hit video, switches to video, hit again, starts recording, hit again, stops recording. Etc. Not quite mainstream yet, but there is your photo control.

Where does one get the Beta?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdeeno