FAA calls for Mandatory Drone ID & Tracking !!!!

Reaction score
Yes that is right see report below.

Attachments

• Scan0005.pdf
    371.6 KB · Views: 68
So?
Some of us tried to warn the people celebrating the misguided abolishment of the 5 buck registration was really something that should have been identified for what it was. A loss
the original requirement cost users 5 bucks and a sticker, that was it.
Now you will get to add hardware to be compliant. But as usual they are excluding recreational drones, which means it will be unenforceable. They don't even enforce the current laws

Right... So when will all the "people" planes have this fully implemented...

Sounds like DJl marketing is stepping up their influence with their drone ID system. To the winners go the spoils.

Truth be told (I have my RP) considering the exposure to very bad use of a UAV beyond dropping contraband into prison yards, this can provide LEO the ability to ID friendly vs foe intentions of an ongoing sortie. No signal? Then drop it out of the sky. That goes for commercial or hobby use. If a hobby flyer is breaking rules especially over groups of people...Poof! If you are sending ID it can verify if you should be in the sky. Yup, poof guns will become standard gear for all but the most rural communities. We spent trillions to set up the TSA after 9/11. What do you suppose will happen after a UAV delivered bomb goes off on the 50 yard line at a Cowboys game? Soon there will be tens of thousands of package drones in the sky across America. That will require traffic control.

We register and surveil motor vehicles, you guys ever hear of EZ Pass? The system collects tolls now but what's to say it won't start sending you speeding tickets in the mail like the traffic light cams do now?

Bottom line is as pioneers of this new and exploding industry we need to go with the flow. The FAA got dumped on pretty much overnight. Sure they made some mistakes and will more than likely make some more before it all gets sorted out.

This whole right to privacy take is a joke. You can't scratch your ass in public anymore without it showing up on some surveillance camera. I'm all in for UAV ID especially when I consider the potential harm that can come from their illicit use.

As to this proposed system, how long do you think it will take to implement if they ever do? Do they tie it in to the already over burdened manned aircraft system or lay in a whole new one just for UAS?

Bottom linecIf we don't get batteries there won't be any effect on what will become our doorstops. As for the rest, there will be a aftermarket tagger just like when Sears and Monkey Wards had gondolas for seat belts in their Auto Dept back in the 60s selling them 15 colors.

Last edited:
The right to privacy is not a joke. It's jokers that are screwing it up and the tools are celebrating it.

Do not forget how incompetent and corrupt the government is and your personal information can be exposed at anytime, thus opening the door for you and your family being screwed up by things like identity theft.

One thing that got me into this hobby was the draconian registration being abolished.

Now I am reviewing this decision and in the meantime likely only fly the light drones that do not require registration.

The right to privacy is not a joke. It's jokers that are screwing it up and the tools are celebrating it.

Do not forget how incompetent and corrupt the government is and your personal information can be exposed at anytime, thus opening the door for you and your family being screwed up by things like identity theft.

One thing that got me into this hobby was the draconian registration being abolished.

Now I am reviewing this decision and in the meantime likely only fly the light drones that do not require registration.
Stuff it with your lame draconian rhetoric. If you are a US Citizen, drive a car, have a bank loan, pay taxes, registered a gun, or lucky enough to have health insurance Big Brother already has more on you than a simple UAV registration will glean.

And now ladies and gents, our latest entrants in the pissing contest....

Sorry Bruce, and you are right. My momma taught me never to argue with a fool. Just sick to death with this whole right to privacy dance.

LOL. The little boiled frogs and their Stockholm Syndrome.

Go ahead and have fun.
Yikes! I had no clue what you meant by that. Is this it? Nice. I made my point and you made your's. If you celebrate have a wonderful holiday! [emoji6]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Sneb
Well well well. Just as I was about to exit this thread due to the post about bomb dropping and hatred of privacy rights ( talk about irrational fear...), good 'ol Solo_Maverick teaches me something new. Thanks, buds. Ima start remembering and using that Boiled Frog analogy. (I know...I know...I just said 'anal', but it goes so well with 'oh, gee'. lol. I kill myself sometimes, I swear. It's my sickness.)

It is somewhat comical that manned full size aviation has no such requirement.
Well, aircraft have "transponders" for air traffic control but the paramotor public and hot-air ballons don't have, like a few others! Another thing
which is not required, they also don't have a 400 ft. altitude restriction like hobby RC quadcopters and RC planes have. I think there is a limit
with the gliders (sailplanes) which is 14,000 ft. and I am thinking that plane traffic is not suppose to fly under 400 ft.? The FCC requirements
for tower heights is 200 ft. including the antenna height and any tower over the limit requires navigation lights and the enforcement of the
lights is strict with logs if a light went out it has to be immediately replaced since the tower would be a flight hazard. I'd like to know why these
wind farms are getting away violating the laws and it has to be $$$ and who (politicians) gets payed off. It's just a matter of time when a
plane tangles with a wind tower and it hits the news.

Well, aircraft have "transponders" for air traffic control but the paramotor public and hot-air ballons don't have, like a few others! Another thing
which is not required, they also don't have a 400 ft. altitude restriction like hobby RC quadcopters and RC planes have. I think there is a limit
with the gliders (sailplanes) which is 14,000 ft. and I am thinking that plane traffic is not suppose to fly under 400 ft.? The FCC requirements
for tower heights is 200 ft. including the antenna height and any tower over the limit requires navigation lights and the enforcement of the
lights is strict with logs if a light went out it has to be immediately replaced since the tower would be a flight hazard. I'd like to know why these
wind farms are getting away violating the laws and it has to be $$$ and who (politicians) gets payed off. It's just a matter of time when a
plane tangles with a wind tower and it hits the news.
Wind Towers are a hazard shown on Aeronautical charts. They are subject to lighting requirements, but the blades can extend more that 100 feet above the lit tower.

Wind Towers are a hazard shown on Aeronautical charts. They are subject to lighting requirements, but the blades can extend more that 100 feet above the lit tower.
Which is why the FAA notes wind turbine fields specifically and recommends a 500 ft vertical minimum clearance.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc