editing software

By the way
If you want to give resolve a whirl, I mean its free what can you lose
here is a great tutorial series also free.

Its actually a great time to be a budding videographer.
Just remember, shoot video the way you would take a single picture, with framing in mind

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Jubalr
Thank you. Easy short run, hard long run. hmm Can't write a song if you have nothing to say. I'm trying to use the video as an educational/ sales tool for all the 100's of different plants that are available to use in the environment. Probably need not be real slick footage but real good color.

As for workflow, I would bypass GoPro Studio and injest footage directly into your editing app of choice. All of them support multiple plugins for fixing fisheye, not to mention numerous other effects.

I'd do the rough cut right away. Then stabalize (just the clips that made it into the rough cut). Consider saving out (exporting/rendering) the stabilized clips, then reimporting them. It uses up disk space, but allows you to work going forward from a base set of stablized clips.

Refine the edit.

Color correct (optionally export clips for correction in another program, i.e. Resolve)

Color Grade, apply effects, add titles.

Export a full resolution "Master" copy to your local disk for safe keeping.

Export to: Vimeo/YouTube, local disk, etc.

Go back into project and clean it up. Do it right away before you lose your intimate familiarity with the project. Delete render files and even transcoded edit files. Just keep the original footage. You can regenerate everything else any time in the future by opening the project and rendering.

FWIW W10 simply won't work with GP Studio for me either on W10.
I don't use GP Studio at all, but it is on my computer. I have W10 and I just tried it and it seems to work fine. I don't think I did anything special to install it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44