editing software

Reaction score
What is a simple editing program, not free? GoPro studio not working for me on W10.

I had the same issue with GoPro studio on W10.

I'm using photoshop cc.

What is a simple editing program, not free? GoPro studio not working for me on W10.
I know it's not an ideal solution, but I tried everything to get studio to work with no success. Then I decided for other reasons as well as this to do a clean win 10 install, since I'd upgraded originally and magically all is fine now. Ive been using cyberlink power director as well which was really fast and pretty easy, not too hard on the wallet either after using their free trial they send some deep discounts to buy. Just a suggestion, good luck.

I also get the same problem with GoPro StudioForm not working on Windows .......... and I find the problem and the solution: Studio form don't like any folders name with accents or some special caracters and the same with the user name!!!!
Since I banned these accents it works very fine with Windows 10.

I know it's not an ideal solution, but I tried everything to get studio to work with no success. Then I decided for other reasons as well as this to do a clean win 10 install, since I'd upgraded originally and magically all is fine now. Ive been using cyberlink power director as well which was really fast and pretty easy, not too hard on the wallet either after using their free trial they send some deep discounts to buy. Just a suggestion, good luck.

What is your work flow like? Do you convert with go pro studio?

@Craig Depends on what your end goal is for your footage. Are you delivering to clients or just your own personal use to maybe upload to YouTube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to make short advertising videos for my customers. I wholesale plants for landscaping and want to make videos for my broker in Atlanta.

Thanks. The coral power director looks pretty good. I would like avoid using go pro studio.

Seems kind of buggy with windows 10. I finally got it to work but my trust level is low. I plan on investing a lot of time on the learning curve and don't want to waste it.

You could also check out DaVinci Resolve from BlackMagicDesign. They have a free version. Resolve is pretty much the industry leader for color correction and grading and they have also integrated in basic editing in the last two versions of Resolve and from what I hear from people who have been using it longer than myself is that it is getting better with each new version. There are also lots of YouTube tutorial videos.

What is the specs of your computer? Wondering what horse power you have to run certain software.

forgot resolve also another great free option. If you are new and going to dedicate some time to learning this long term. Resolve and Hit film 3 introduce you to standard work flows that pros use.
If you just need a hobbyist level program, look at Adobe Premiere Elements (not free)

You could also check out DaVinci Resolve from BlackMagicDesign. They have a free version. Resolve is pretty much the industry leader for color correction and grading and they have also integrated in basic editing in the last two versions of Resolve and from what I hear from people who have been using it longer than myself is that it is getting better with each new version. There are also lots of YouTube tutorial videos.

What is the specs of your computer? Wondering what horse power you have to run certain software.

You have enough horsepower to get you up and running. Like Pyrate said depends if you want pro or hobbyist. Resolve will require you to invest sometime in learning the interface and workflow but in the long run could be more rewarding and offer better results.

First you should probably get down the settings you will shoot with on your GoPro. Check out @erikgraham sticky on GoPro settings.

If after reading Eriks tips and do decide to use flat color then you will need either GoPro Studio (easiest way) or Resolve to make your footage shine :)

Read the sticky and also the 'New GoPro Question' thread. Both of these offer some really go info and should be your starting point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44