drotek 3DR SOLO RTK GPS (NEO-M8P)

I dont have any video, there is one on the Drotek forums tho. I havent really paid any attention to how it holds position honestly. Currently I have about 6 flights on it with rtk injection to work out some of the workflow. We will use it for mapping projects that require a high degree of accuracy instead of the current method of setting out ground control targets.

To answer another question if you dont hook up a base it will operate normally.

The only issue that I have found that I dont like is that if I need a high degree of accuracy the base station needs to survey-in, meaning find itself in the world (HDOP). The higher the accuracy the longer the survey takes. If I want 1 meter it takes about 45 minutes to get there. If I want 10cm it will take all day. The fortunate thing is that we also have a Trimble R10 that we use to put in the targets and I can survey the base in with that and tell it where it is. That seems to work WAY better.

As for the green cube I think it would work fine. Drotek created a special firmware version that would allow the RTK injection with the stock cube. I wouldnt know for sure but I would imagine that with green cube and the firmware being used there it would work fine.

Honestly I know just enough to be dangerous with this but we are excited to use it especially for our projects that need 3D modeling or high accuracy for the ortho.

Are you using the Drotek base? I'm getting set up with the Reach system, and it's working great for PPK.

Just wondering if you're using CORS to establish your base point with the Drotek or Reach system for the 45m to achieve 1m?

Also- have you tried using the R10 as the base? Just curious because I'm considering getting a used R8.

Thanks!

Yes Im using the XXL Base. I dunno that the R10 will connect and run as a base. Could be wrong never tried it. I use the R10 for doing ground control. The only reason I uses it in conjuntion with the RTK is that it takes a long time to Survey-In especially if you want it to be in the <.5m range. With the R10 we are in the realm of being <10cm really easy and alot less than that if we take our time. If what we are doing has legal ramifications it needs to be tight. What I tried that worked pretty good is use the R10 to survey the location of the Base then input those numbers in MP. This takes less than a half hour and is accurate, the equivalent Survey-In would take days with the base out there running.

One thing I learned the hard way is that the RTK drone companies claim 2.5cm accuracy and such. That is a great number but it really only refers to calculating the distance between Base and Rover. I didnt have that figured out until after we purchased the Drotek and started learning how it works.

I havent used a PPK system so I cant speak to it. Been curious about how it works tho.

[QUOTE = "pulsar110, post: 115303, miembro: 6267"] No tengo ningún video, hay uno en los foros de Drotek aunque. Realmente no le he prestado atención a cómo se mantiene honestamente. Actualmente tengo alrededor de 6 vuelos en él con inyección rtk para resolver algunos de los flujos de trabajo. Lo usaremos para mapear proyectos que requieren un alto grado de precisión en lugar del método actual de establecer objetivos de control en tierra.

Para responder a otra pregunta, si no conecta una base funcionará normalmente.

El único problema que he descubierto que no me gusta es que, si necesito un alto grado de precisión, la estación base necesita inspeccionar, es decir, encontrarse en el mundo (HDOP). Cuanto mayor es la precisión, más larga es la encuesta. Si quiero 1 metro, se tardan unos 45 minutos en llegar. Si quiero 10 cm tardaré todo el día. Lo afortunado es que también tenemos un Trimble R10 que utilizamos para poner los objetivos y puedo estudiar la base y decir dónde está. Eso parece funcionar mucho mejor.

En cuanto al cubo verde, creo que funcionaría bien. Drotek creó una versión de firmware especial que permitiría la inyección de RTK con el cubo de valores. No lo sabría con certeza, pero me imagino que con el cubo verde y el firmware que se usa allí funcionaría bien.

Honestamente, sé lo suficiente como para ser peligroso con esto, pero estamos entusiasmados de utilizarlo especialmente para nuestros proyectos que necesitan modelado 3D o alta precisión para el orto. [/ QUOTE]

Pulsar 110, very interesting your post, I'm thinking of buying the drotek kit for mapping with my 3DR SOLO, I want to know if the XXL DRTEK base gives you the exact location of a point on land and how long it takes to give presicion of 2 cm, you can share with me How do you do your mapping ?. I am new at this. Thank you very much.

If you use the Survey-In it would take days to get to 2cm. That's why I use a Survey grade GPS to place the XXL base, which takes less than a half hour. Then in the settings for RTK in mission planner I can tell the base where it is with what I got from the big GPS. If you want to get things that tight you will also need to upgrade your solo to green cube to take full advantage of any RTK system.

Hello

Could someone have tested Drotek RTK with the Solo green cube?

Thanks for information. Did you have to install additional Drotek firmware for RTK ?

Did you try to transmit RTK correction to Solo via Mission Planner Mavlink from NTRIP server?

Did you try to transmit RTK correction to Solo via Mission Planner Mavlink from NTRIP server?
In the beginning I used Mission Planner.
Now I use Solexbase running on a Raspberry Pi to send the RTK data from the base to Solo. More convenient than carrying a Windows laptop :)

Have you tested any geodetic GNSS antenna like Topcon or Trimble for this base station?

Are you using the Drotek base? I'm getting set up with the Reach system, and it's working great for PPK.

Just wondering if you're using CORS to establish your base point with the Drotek or Reach system for the 45m to achieve 1m?

Also- have you tried using the R10 as the base? Just curious because I'm considering getting a used R8.

Thanks!
Hey dude! I'm trying to get my 3DR solo setup with a Reach RTK system (ideally an M+ with NTRIP or two M+s acting as a base and a rover.) Did you have any luck?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc