Drone Pilots need to be concerned!

He probably did not have any malicious intent but just didn't have the experience to know not to descend down into the stadium thereby losing transmitter signal. He probably didn't know to change his RTL to clear the side of the stadium. Of course he shouldn't have been flying there in the first place as it's stadium which is against the FAA recommended guidelines and close to LaGuardia Airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He probably did not have any malicious intent but just didn't have the experience to know not to descend down into the stadium thereby losing transmitter signal. He probably didn't know to change his RTL to clear the side of the stadium. Of course he shouldn't have been flying there in the first place as it's stadium which is against the FAA recommended guidelines and close to LaGuardia Airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.

you would think a teacher at an "Academy of Innovative Technology" would know better. but then again he's 26...

Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.

you would think a teacher at an "Academy of Innovative Technology" would know better. but then again he's 26...
You would think a teacher would know where he can and can't fly. Something I did before I even purchased a drone

and those are the people teaching our kids.....:eek:
hence why i concentrate on the age. i'm 32, but i feel that kids (under 30) just don't give a shit about rules and regulations, only epicness and likes. very rare to encounter someone mature enough to handle a quadcopter in open space at that age.

Reactions: Raybro
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Troy you have to explain something to me what makes the three devices on your desk a drone and the hanging on your way quadcopter? just curious how you are describing them to the public and flip flopping the names around. I really couldn't care but my wife was listening with a few people and they were sorta confused about the names given. When you say quadcopter they were thinking R/C soon as you said drone they were expecting a missile hanging car size airplane.

Reactions: Jubalr
When you think about it reasonably, what would be the purpose of going above 400 ft.? And out of the pilot's sight unless it's just briefly. I agree with many others, those that are pulling these stunts are either ignorant or just don't care about the lives and property of others. Along with the AMA seek out and join your State and local groups as well. The more support at all levels, the better.

One thing that I have to post..

I believe at last count,, there are 180000 ,,,, one hundred eighty thousand AMA members fighting for our right to fly....
how many members do you think have joined the IDO?
(IGNORANT DRONE ORGANIZATION)

Now look up the statistics of drone sales in the USA alone and subtract 180000 and that will give you a number of how OUT NUMBERED the AMA is with ignorant

One thing that I have to post..

I believe at last count,, there are 180000 ,,,, one hundred eighty thousand AMA members fighting for our right to fly....
how many members do you think have joined the IDO?
(IGNORANT DRONE ORGANIZATION)

Now look up the statistics of drone sales in the USA alone and subtract 180000 and that will give you a number of how OUT NUMBERED the AMA is with ignorant
Damn...that's a lot of Drones!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44