Don't Give Up on Solo

I have not pulled the trigger between the P3 or Solo. I'm letting it play out a couple of months. Right now and not the future, which one is the more stable platform? It looks to me both have issues. I'm giving the edge to the phantom because of Lightbridge.

I have not pulled the trigger between the P3 or Solo. I'm letting it play out a couple of months. Right now and not the future, which one is the more stable platform? It looks to me both have issues. I'm giving the edge to the phantom because of Lightbridge.
I use GroundStation on my P2. When the P3 came out they did not include autonomous flight with it. That's what took me to the Solo and Tower. I have not had any issues with mine. I fly it at least twice a day. The streaming video is perfect, onboard maps are great. Have had no controller disconnect issues or GPS problems. Haven't taken my P2 out of the case since I got the Solo. The range issue is fixable. With good antennas it will have good range.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I use GroundStation on my P2. When the P3 came out they did not include autonomous flight with it. That's what took me to the Solo and Tower. I have not had any issues with mine. I fly it at least twice a day. The streaming video is perfect, onboard maps are great. Have had no controller disconnect issues or GPS problems. Haven't taken my P2 out of the case since I got the Solo. The range issue is fixable. With good antennas it will have good range.
Yea once solos gimbals released my p2 will likely be retired more or less but for now I'm switching back and forth a bit. P2 has served me well but In my opinion solo is just the perfect size,weight and style for my use. I just don't see many situations other than maybe long range that I'd use p2 after that. Apparently from going out Solo is also much more impressive to those watching, it grabs much more attention than my p2 which can be good and bad I guess, but I couldn't be happier so far. We shall see for sure here in a few weeks but I have no doubt that 3dr will come through with a quality gimbal and all these arguments and jokes by the phan boys will finally vanish just like an infamous flyaway. Then I want a good vs comparison, actually I think I'm going to take an idea somebody gave me when I compared solo to p2 and rent a p3 and maybe an inspire if I can to compare them all myself. Mostly just to see for myself what if anything I think I'm missing out on and I'll also try to post my thoughts and some comparison vids as well if it works out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M