Don't Give Up on Solo

Perhaps we need an "Average Age of Solo Flyers" poll like the PhantomPilots?

As for me, I'm a very youthful 56. Just ask anyone who knows me, they'll be quick to tell you how immature I am!

Don't we have an age thread on here? I thought I posted in that and 50s is a common age for Solo owners.

And you are very old @GoodnNuff. I am at least a year younger than you.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Perhaps we need an "Average Age of Solo Flyers" poll like the PhantomPilots?

As for me, I'm a very youthful 56. Just ask anyone who knows me, they'll be quick to tell you how immature I am!
i started a thread on this some time ago.
i am 71.
now you are saying what is this old Fart doing with a solo.
flying it and having fun of cource.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Wow i knew that age varied quite a bit with aerial but I didn't figure I'd be the baby of the group so far at 33. Glad to see that the comment I saw about bridging the age gap is very very true. Also happy that plenty of you are far more knowledgable than I am in this industry proving that just cause you get older doesn't mean you should be carrying a flip phone mad at the inter web like some of my relatives. Hope to be having a blast playing with all my toys still as well when I get up there.

Wow plenty of 50+ folks here. I'm in good company. (52)

As for crashes I suspect the more mature among us either a) have considerable experience or b) absent this experience are apt to take it slow and methodically. Just representing the "mature" that's all no disrespect intended to our youngsters here! :-Do

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Man a bunch of old folks trying to fly. No wonder there are so many crashes. :D
I'm 437 years old. It's one of the advantages of being a vampire.
Seemingly 437 might just be the average age for solo from the looks of it.

Sorry fellas had to was too easy to let go being the over the hill lil whipper snapper of the group.

Oh and Happy 4th of July to All as well, everybody have a good safe night. Here's hoping we have no new Solo Crash vids tomorrow. I'd say whether solo or not with how many multis will be flying tonight some poor birds going to get blasted from the sky this evening whether by firework or shotgun. Hope not but wouldn't be to surprised, just hope it's not mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarah B
Wow plenty of 50+ folks here. I'm in good company. (52)

As for crashes I suspect the more mature among us either a) have considerable experience or b) absent this experience are apt to take it slow and methodically. Just representing the "mature" that's all no disrespect intended to our youngsters here! :-Do

Seems you are correct most of those I've seen have been posted by younger folks, at least those that you can see or read who was in control anyway.

I've been taking it easy still after waiting on release don't want to wait again but been getting more confident on each perfect flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M