Don't Give Up On Solo Just Yet - Introducing Spektre

people bailing on solo never got it
Solos will be flying in some shape or form for a very long time

Because the solo platform is so modular is the main reason I took a chance and bought 2 of these this week. Its my first real quad and I certainly hope your right! My concern is parts will become scarce and when something breaks we're done. Hopefully someone buys the molds and continues to supply the hardware. BTW I absolutely love how this this thing flies

Id love to see more.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

at 3.7kg and can do 40 minutes flight...what size of battery this thing uses ?

This guy gutted his solo and put it in a large frame quad opter - maintained all its capabilities in a larger drone.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Solo Keith
As far as I can tell, some of these new components could fit in Solo as is!

Huge fan of these guys. The copter you're showing here (Spektre) was built for a specific client, from what I'm told. I keep hoping I'll wake up some morning to find a mass-market machine from them. Ideally in time for Christmas. :)

Reactions: DJMc and RichWest
I'm little confused by their product page, Pixhawk2.1 with Intel Edison Compatible Carrier Board, does it include the pixhawk board and the cube Pixhawk2.1 Cube, or it needs both ?

I believe Philip Rowse of PROFICNC is testing a Pixhawx 2.1 cube specifically for Solo. I believe it will require some code changes in Solo but don't know much more than that.

See bellow

A solo special Pixhawk 2.1 Autopilot, with the following features...
1. heated IMU
2. Better sensors
3. Aluminium housing
4. No glue! everything is screwed together allowing you access to the guts..
5. High voltage PWM, allows you to have better signalling to your ESC's.... (because apparently, ESC's failing in flight is a problem...)
6. Community built... (designed by Philip Rowse, with the help of an awesome team... Built by Hex Aero and ProfiCNC)
#votethecubeforsolo

Facebook link

Last edited:
All Ive ever wanted was better stability and some form of collision detection. The Pixhawk platform does allow for these add ons does it not?
My entire purpose behind Solo ownership is ease of use with the Gopro. The fact that Spektreworks is making a Solo gimbal compatibility is a plus for me. That 40 minute battery sounds amazing.
Some collision detection would be nice though.

All Ive ever wanted was better stability and some form of collision detection. The Pixhawk platform does allow for these add ons does it not?
My entire purpose behind Solo ownership is ease of use with the Gopro. The fact that Spektreworks is making a Solo gimbal compatibility is a plus for me. That 40 minute battery sounds amazing.
Some collision detection would be nice though.
What you asking are already done in pixhawk if you know how to add sensors, check out the developer forum for information.

Could you provide a link? It would be easier than looking
Basic Sonar-based Collision Avoidance for a Quadcopter – DIY Drones

Also do a search in that forum with filter "obstacles avoidance", you can pick the option that fits your DIY skills and budget.

Personally, I believe the optical flow with sonar may be more cost effective than intel realsence but intel can prove me wrong by extending the sensor range. The one I tested only good for 6 feet or less and requires a lot of computing resources.

I still don't actually get the object avoidance craze
Not in how it applies to drones in the air.
It would be good for long distance autonomous flight, or flying indoors without GPS. But for aerial video I just don't see the need

AO builds on object recognition which is also the back bone for surveillance. Industry paper projects security and surveillance with drone will be the next big thing in that sector

point
I get it for commercial or other uses
For taking cinematic video, not so much
Cinematic video market is negligible comparing to other sectors. That said, OA or should I said face recognition is a must for selfies drone. At this time, face recognition is out the lab and alpha testing is in marketing test. DJI had an app out in the store. Right now, it only put a box around the face.

I just want long flight time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M