Don't buy a solo...

Incorrect. I just got the gimbal yesterday and did a lot of testing. The legs and props did not appear in 4K. I was only able to get the legs to appear by doing full stick back and forth maneuvers. Even then, the legs only invaded the bottom left corner of the frame. So essentially it's the same behavior you get on a Phantom.
I have had the P3P for a month, was very disappointed to see both props and legs in my videos when filming in 4K. I do fly aggressively at times though which accounts for the tilt that brings either into the field of view.

I have had the P3P for a month, was very disappointed to see both props and legs in my videos when filming in 4K. I do fly aggressively at times though which accounts for the tilt that brings either into the field of view.
That really puts Solo on top as being the best for videography!

Ok let's just say when my gimbal that's been out what a week or two shows it does have a slight h tilt. What are the odds 3dr will have it fixed ASAP compared to the p3 tilt being unfixed how many months now?

Don't worry this threads to RCG for me so I'll go after this but it's hilarious how all these phans are obsessed with solo yet it's garbage and has all types of issues. Then they are comparing solos week 1 gimbal issues with those they've had for months and months and somehow that's a drawback for solo. Every single issue I've seen with solo itself has already been fixed, now the gimbals out and new so yes they may have a couple to fix in updates. The point is 3dr is fixing these things days or weeks after finding them, dji either completely ignores them, doesn't bother to fix them or takes God knows how long to do so if they actually fess up to less than perfection.

You phans do realize this is p3 then there's all the v2 or v3s of each not to mention the vision pluses, so they've had 15 or more versions of phantom and solo still has an equal amount or fewer problems in version 1. Yet everybodies crying and whining and acting as if solo is broken.

You do realize how ridiculous that is right?

Expecting version 1 of solo to be perfection when p27 now still is far from it. 3dr is on top of fixing all that's wrong and you all are jealous plain and simple, stop whining here and go whine to phantom pilots cause nobody here cares what you phans say anymore it's proven over and over that It's not helpful, it's not logical and it's the same childish whining over and over.

So now solo is pretty close to perfect, at least mine is and next our gimbal will be, so I'm guessing you'll start complaining how our 3rd party apps and all the options you don't have aren't perfect then right?

Anyway let me know when p45 finally catches up to solo 1 in features or issues and we can compare them. Till then grow up and move forward, help phantom pilots fix phantom issues instead of moaning and accusing here. I've had both and this threads name is laughable, I'd buy solo again in a heartbeat but unless they do something innovative or creative I now own my final dji offering, so new folks you decide if solos worth some extra money, cause that's the only question I'd have is budget. Solo has more to offer than even inspire, which I originally considered but it's just a bigger better looking phantom now too.

Yeah my original plan was to buy a Solo, then a P3P, but after having the Solo I decided to buy a DJI Inspire as its worth the extra money. But you really want two people for the Inspire every time you are taking shots.

If you aren't doing the video for anything serious (i.e. just for fun) then the P3P is still amazing, you can always crop and edit in post.

You were smart ordering the Gopro with the Solo. I made the mistake of getting it from Amazon to save a few bucks and then spending more to convert to a rectilinear lens. And now I won't need it if i buy a P3 or Inspire. I guess I can take up time lapse as a hobby.

Thank you Mark!! After all the doom and gloom that some want to spread to bring others down into their mire, you have managed to bring laughter to the thread where it seemed to be impossible to smile anymore. Good job!!

I don't get this behavior of validating your choices by devaluing others choices. Its the worst part of the drone community in my experience. I send logs when I have issues to 3Dr and an engineer gets back to me within a few days. I had a defective solo out of the box and they replaced it in a week because I bought the last one from frys. The gimbal works great. I lose signal from time to time but it's because of choices I made with a directional antenna. An engineer gladly checked what happened at no cost to validate the solo was not the issue. Does dji do that, I don't know but I also don't care. Is the p3 better? I don't see how it could be but again, I don't care because I am happy with the solo. None of these things are perfect and knowing that as a consumer all I can ask for is for the company to help when I need them to. They have, with a good attitude each time, and I would never dream of returning mine. But if you need to bash something else to feel better about your purchase knock yourself out. I just don't see the point.

Well said Evilash and I feel the same way,,and so do a lot of others. You are quite a diplomat in saying you don't see the point. Actually, most of us do. There are people in this world, and in this forum, that are just hateful, spiteful people. They have some sick, perverted need, maybe it's a psychiatric disorder, to want to make other people as miserable and unhappy as they are. Would we venture somewhere else, to sit at a computer, trying to think up mean spirited comments to address to a group of people that we don't know, to say ridiculous and unfounded statements, just because they bought a white machine, not a black machine? I doubt it. It's our money, our decision. You see, we are the folks that try to help each other and wish our fellow pilots well, both white and black. Then, those who hate black speak out, mean spirited, simply because we decided on something different. Anyway, it's obvious to me who they are and what they try to do. I have to admit, they do make me laugh at how hard they try to make us unhappy....:)

I think it's a weird thing to do, without the solo there would be no development sdk and maybe the guy wouldn't have had his p2 replaced. In the hurry to be right by bashing the competition they are only hurting the hobby. The solo wouldn't be what it is without dji either. The only way that products get better is via competition. It's been the same in every product in the history of consumerism. I guess when I get a bad taste in my mouth about a product I'll throw a bad review up and be done with it and that's what most people do. The insesant need for validation by going on a forum where people enjoy the product and are working to find ways to enjoy it more and make snarky comments and talk up the p3 as flawless is just silly. You may be right about the reasons its done, it does not make it less sad.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Well said Evilash and I feel the same way,,and so do a lot of others. You are quite a diplomat in saying you don't see the point. Actually, most of us do. There are people in this world, and in this forum, that are just hateful, spiteful people. They have some sick, perverted need, maybe it's a psychiatric disorder, to want to make other people as miserable and unhappy as they are. Would we venture somewhere else, to sit at a computer, trying to think up mean spirited comments to address to a group of people that we don't know, to say ridiculous and unfounded statements, just because they bought a white machine, not a black machine? I doubt it. It's our money, our decision. You see, we are the folks that try to help each other and wish our fellow pilots well, both white and black. Then, those who hate black speak out, mean spirited, simply because we decided on something different. Anyway, it's obvious to me who they are and what they try to do. I have to admit, they do make me laugh at how hard they try to make us unhappy....:)

Totally agree with you, why do they come here? I just love the ignore button, kudos to whomever put that in there.

I bought the P3P and it worked right out of the box. After I return the Solo I will get the inspire too. Believe it or not I originally bought the Inspire and returned it after I saw the NAB 3DR Propaganda.
Did you pay extra for the matching gold zip ties to hold the arms together when they start cracking, or the repair kit for the gimbal when it fails from a rough landing (e.g. you missed the catch).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bravo!! Bravo!!
I finally checked out the video clip and i have to say that was the most entertaining thing I have seen in a long time, very well done and oh so true. Kudos

mr rrmccabe

you give me a warning shot in a PM did my message abusive?? ok im done here if you want me to ban my account here go ahead man, okey?

We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
mr rrmccabe

you give me a warning shot in a PM did my message abusive?? ok im done here if you want me to ban my account here go ahead man, okey?

We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.
Was your offending post removed? The one where I am called an a**hole (by another forum member) still stands, as does the other posts he made attacking me. I don't recall seeing anything that offensive from you, but I may have missed it.

Reactions: Raybro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44