Dodged a bullet ...

Reaction score
So, the neighbor kid down the street thought it was a good idea to teach his grandma how to drive yesterday. They came around the corner near my home, she hit the gas instead of the brake...fishtailed, went up on the curb, clipped a parked car and accelerated into my house. Through the garage, into my hobby room and stopped in a bathroom.
ALL of my hobby stuff is destroyed. My new Solo (less than 10 minutes of flight time on it) was on my workbench.
The debris broke a blade. Everything else checks out OK.

Going to test fly today.

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • Room.jpg
    Room.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • Garage.jpg
    Garage.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Holy crap. I must say, you are the king of optimism if you consider ...up on the curb, clipped a parked car and accelerated into my house. Through the garage, into my hobby room and stopped in a bathroom. ALL of my hobby stuff is destroyed... to be "dodging a bullet". That's the glass half full outlook if I've ever seen one.

So, who covers this... car insurance or home insurance?

Yeah. The woman was accelerating the entire time. I think the only thing that kept her from going farther into the house was my elliptical. She drove up on it and it lifted the drive wheels. Half of my house has no power, but I have power, gas, and water where I need it.

Two interesting things with this: I keep the room door closed. The pressure of the impact with the wall (from the garage side) caused the window in the room to blow outward as well as the bedroom door to break in half lengthwise (top to bottom) and blow into the hallway (opposite of the door jamb!) and snap the hinges flinging it into and down the hall.

My homeowner's insurance covers all of this. The deductible & anything else insurance doesn't cover we may have to sue the driver for in small claims (insurance says they will "deal with this" for us if needed). I am hoping all of my planes, quads and helicopters are covered. If not, I'll be a little miffed, to say the least.

On the good side:
No one was home (my wife watches our grandson during the day and he likes to crawl around and go into that hallway).
No load-bearing walls were hit.
Missed the gas & water lines by about six inches.
My wife's new-ish car was in the garage and it only got a little scratch on the bumper.

No, that's not right. He heavily modified the Solo to carry a Sony rX100-M4. All were crushed.

I saw the gear before the crash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo