Do you prefer to land Manual or Auto?

Reaction score
Took the Solo out for some testing this morning and ran it through some paces. First off I'm surprised how speedy it is when set to fastest mode! Secondly, I was going back and forth, landing and taking off. At one point, I decided to try to land manually in case a problem arose with "return home." I found it very easy to do.

That leads to my question, do you guys prefer to land your bird in automatic (fly home) or manual? I feel like I have more control with manual.

Manual. I trust myself more to land it smooth and soft and it a spot that won't get the props chewed up or trip the aircraft over.
If I use RTL on anything it's usually part of a planned mission and I take over the controls before it reaches the ground.

i have used nothing but manual.
i have control of where and how fast or slow it will land.
never have used auto mode.

I used manual all the time. Even in RTH, I hit pause, then fly at about 25 feet and bring it in myself.

Auto landing has been flawless. But i still prefer landing it myself.

My first outing yesterday had a pretty hard landing. It hovered for a bit then dropped down really fast, caught itself about 1' from the ground, then landed easily. That scared me a bit, so I am going to start landing manually from now on.

I land manually. It has been really smooth for me. Easier than my P2 at landing.

How do you shut down the motors after manual landing? Thanks

How do you shut down the motors after manual landing? Thanks

Once I put it on the ground, the motors wind down. At this point, the controller tells you to hold the stick all the way down to stop the motors.

Now that I am comfortable with the fly:manual mode that is how I land. I use gps guidance as a crutch in case something goes wrong. I also fly in manual if I have any reason to believe that the gps may be inaccurate (around buildings, under trees, etc). Has worked for me!

Always manual, I doubt it will ever bounce with auto but you should trust your fingers more than the computer.

Auto only when showing off:)

Now that I am comfortable with the fly:manual mode that is how I land. I use gps guidance as a crutch in case something goes wrong. I also fly in manual if I have any reason to believe that the gps may be inaccurate (around buildings, under trees, etc). Has worked for me!

So, you can actually turn the GPS off? I haven't figured that out yet.

No, can't turn GPS off so to speak. But you can fly in a mode that does not use GPS. It is still tracking the GPS signal and you can go back to it at any time.

Reactions: rrmccabe
In the app, go to advanced settings-> Turn on advanced flight modes -> Set either A or B of your controller to FLY:MANUAL. Enjoy, but be careful no GPS is a huge risk and it is not stable...will drift around a lot.

I have done both.. no issues at all with doing it manual, or automatically doing it.
Ive done enough review and comparison videos that i test RTH etc, so im letting it auto land then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks