do you know change solo's static IP address???

Reaction score
hello
do you know change solo's static IP address???
please help me
I want to connect two solos in mission planner

i think you need to change first IP on the solo for what i understand in debian base configuration is in the /etc/network then next is in the controller.

you think possible to change solo's ip?

i think you need to change first IP on the solo for what i understand in debian base configuration is in the /etc/network then next is in the controller.

you think possible to change solo's ip?
im not sure because if the solo have access port itself so its possible to change ip. well just try it if not succeed reset to factory default

Last edited:
im not sure because is the solo have access port itself so its possible to change ip. well just try it if not succeed reset to factory default
I'm not afraid risk. but I don't know what can I do first :()

the controller uses to dhcp to assign the static ip of 10.1.1.10 to solo. to change the ip address, update /etc/dnsmasq.conf on the controller and change the line dhcp-host=solo,10.1.1.10 to the ip you want to use.

you also need update the ip in the following files on the controller:

/etc/sololink.base *md5 the file
/etc/sololink.conf *md5 the file
/etc/sololink.orig *md5 the file
/run/solo.ip

update the ip in the following files on solo

/etc/dnsmasq.conf

reboot both solo and the controller. if it doesn't work. factory reset.

the controller uses to dhcp to assign the static ip of 10.1.1.10 to solo. to change the ip address, update /etc/dnsmasq.conf on the controller and change the line dhcp-host=solo,10.1.1.10 to the ip you want to use.

you also need update the ip in the following files on the controller:

/run/solo.ip

update the ip in the following files on solo

/etc/dnsmasq.conf

reboot both solo and the controller. if it doesn't work. factory reset.

I tried this method several different ways. I've tried to change the dnsmasq file on the controller to 10.1.3.10. Then changed the other files mentioned above on the controller for the following ip addresses: controller - 10.1.3.1 and solo - 10.1.3.10. But after rebooting the aircraft and then rebooting the controller, they were unable to connect to each other. Any ideas why? Are there any other files that also need to change?

was this resolved? - I am having the same issue with Open solo v3. I change all those files, reboot controller and aircraft, but controller is stuck on "Waiting for Solo". I know the IP was changed correctly because I can SSH to both using the new IP. When I access the onboard logs, the IPs shown on these logs are correct, but I can see that data is only going up and not down. When compare to an original solo log, I can see rates in both directions. This is telling me that the solo is still not communicating the right information back to the controller and that the old IP address is still hardcoded somewhere. In fact, at the RF level solo is seeing the controller because they beep whenever the other one disconnects or reconnects. Also, in this state the pairing does not work anymore. I can click on the pair button, but the controller is not responding. However, if I remove the 3dr-pairing.conf file on the controller and reboot both, the remote will say new solo detected and I can pair it then, but afterwards it continues to "wait for solo" forever.

I have done a system wide search for the old IP and replaced it with the new one. This includes python scripts in both computers. However I get the same behavior. Could this IP address be hardcoded in some compiled code? I mean it cant be this hard! Any thoughts on what could be happening?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig