Do I need Solo and Solex App

I bought the Solex app, it installs on Android 4.4 and up. I put the Solo app and Solex app on the Fire OS installing the 4 APK files. I got the workaround from How to Install the Google Play Store on the Amazon Fire Tablet or Fire HD 8. I don't know for sure if will help you on the Nexus. You might want to scroll to the top of this post and ask Chuck. He has a Nexus 7 (2013).
I found this link might help you out. Open this on the Nexus browser and do it all from there.
3DR Solo APK Download - Free Video Players & Editors APP for Android | APKPure.com

The last link I went to
Hi Chuck, I checked on a update which goes through Google and it's a "Google Nexus 7 Tablet Asus ME370T 7" 16GB Android 5.1.1."
I didn't find any updates except a bunch of junk applications that Google will send as updates. I have the older Nexus 7 2012 1st gen.
coming and I am not certain what it has on it and whether it can be downgraded?

Can this thing be flown without that damn software from Google? This tablet has been running a upgrade on the software for over 15 minutes.
3DR's biggest mistake was interfacing their software through Google. What gets me is the toy drones use WiFi and as far as I am concerned,
it has real limited range, easily interfered with especially with these stupid SmartMeters that are being put on the Public's buildings.
There should be an update taking your Nexus 7 (2013) up to Android v7.0. Check your device for software update. If you are still having issues, maybe try to uninstall both apps, and then reinstall them again. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Hi Chuck, I managed to get the APK file (Solo App) installed onto the Android but I ran into another problem. When I try to connect using WiFi
the Android will pull down a update that takes time. Apparently, there is no communication between the Android and the controller for updating.
I am wondering if there could be some corrosion on the SIM inside the controller? Another possible solution might be to reset the controller and
the Solo to see if that would work? If that doesn't work then I think I'll pull the controller apart and see if the SIM is seated then re-seat if I have
to go that far I might as well clean the contacts too. The Controller in paired to the Solo since I can see the data with the GPS and I can start/stop
the motors. I am going to go through the factory reset on both to see what happens. Any ideas on this?
-Dennis

First try pulling the battery from the controller, waiting about 30 sec., and reinstall the battery. This does a soft reset of the controller. I had problems in the past, and that took care of it. If that doesn't help, then check the sim in the controller. I know some guys have had problems with that in past posts. Good luck.

If I read these posts correctly, some of you are using Solex on a Kindle Fire. If so, is Solex operating OK on the Fire? I have a Fire 7 (7th Gen) set up for Google Apps. The Solo app is already loaded on it. The Solo arrives tomorrow and am curious whether the Fire is suitable for Solex. thanks.

I use a fire hd 8 works fine... You obviously did the apk thing so you could download solex. No worries...

I'm new to drones and was just wondering if the only thing I need the Solo app for is to calibrate for level and compass or does Solex take care of this also. I bought Solex but haven't flown with it yet. I was also wondering if there is a Solex Manual that's available for download. I went to the Solex site and briefly looked at the manual that was only available for viewing online.
While I'm asking stupid questions, I was wondering if anyone has problems using a tablet in sunlight or overcast days. I have a Fire HD 8, turned up the display brightness to full and can barely see what's on the screen on a overcast day. I ordered a sunshade but was wondering if the more expensive tablets had better display for viewing outdoors.

Thanks in advance...
I'm new to drones and was just wondering if the only thing I need the Solo app for is to calibrate for level and compass or does Solex take care of this also. I bought Solex but haven't flown with it yet. I was also wondering if there is a Solex Manual that's available for download. I went to the Solex site and briefly looked at the manual that was only available for viewing online.
While I'm asking stupid questions, I was wondering if anyone has problems using a tablet in sunlight or overcast days. I have a Fire HD 8, turned up the display brightness to full and can barely see what's on the screen on a overcast day. I ordered a sunshade but was wondering if the more expensive tablets had better display for viewing outdoors.

Thanks in advance...
I have replaced my Samsung 7" tablet with a Fire HD 8 because the Samsung was losing wifi connection with the controller, the Fire HD 8 does much better (I'm flying in a park surrounded by homes and apt., lots of wifi ), like you the Fire can be hard to view, I have a screen shade, but the screen is very reflective. I'm thinking adding an anti - reflection film.

Is your Fire readable now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela