DJI Announcement for Phantom at CES 2016

Reaction score
Last but not least, DJI announced the new H4-3D gimbal, which works with the GoPro Hero4 Black camera and can be flown on the DJI Phantom 2 drone or Flamewheel systems.

5.jpg

Because the Solo is future proof, I wonder how the 3DR will add obstacle avoidance.
Yuneec has stepped up their game with their new Typhoon H with Intel Real Sense obstacle avoidance introduced at CES. DJI and 3DR had nothing significant at the show. Very disappointing .

It's going to be tough for go pro to introduce a new drone. Obstacle avoidance is the must have feature for drones.

Yuneec also introduced new flight modes together will be more than Solo and DJI. They essentially copied all the popular flight modes. They also removed speed restrictions so now theirs will fly as fast as DJI and SOLO.

Your move 3DR and DJI.

Hate to say it, but 3DR need to bring their gimbal performance up to that of the DJI H43D first, and get rid of the yaw wag.
And the H43D charges the GP, Solo's no longer does.
DJI has collision avoidance in the Matrice.
But its all good, I think Solo is improving at a faster rate than the white on ever did.

Reactions: J R
Why would anyone consider "collision avoidance" system?

Above 75ft. Nothing to collide with. "Only trees, birds, other flying objects" collision avoidance won't help too much.

If filming a project within a forest "Ground level", I always map out my path "Height, Speed, entering, exiting a scene" of course i'm in manual without GPS. trial run is a good thing.
I just don't need collision avoidance system for my work.

Just having the ability to tell you vehicle to autonomously to go from point A to B & there is a forest in between, just isn't worth it to me.

Be conscious where ever you fly & avoid flying where your skills lacking.

Just me....

Reactions: Jubalr
May be most of us mortals don't have the piloting skills good as you?

May be at times people want to frame their shots at lower altitudes?
May be in follow me mode you want a level of safety?
Saves money because your expensive toy is less likely to crash?

May be most of us mortals don't have the piloting skills good as you?

May be at times people want to frame their shots at lower altitudes?
May be in follow me mode you want a level of safety?
Saves money because your expensive toy is less likely to crash?
As good as me? I'm not good, just practical.
Well, I guess you'll be first in line to buy it. Now you can''t crash your Drone LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso