Distance and altitude bests?

Okay guys as promised i came from work and fly the solo with the fpvlr and after the distance i show you in the image i keep losing control conection, i was at a big open area of a state park late night working on it, i tryed upside down as you suggest me tony but it was the same thing basically., no wifi congestes area either, my question now is as a customer that respects and enjoy flying is the fpvlr acting up or what is it because when i used the stock antennas i had stronger signal all the time but so i need advice what should i do i waste so much money so far on the solo im getting cold feet amd starting to think about return it asap, ANY ADVICE GUYS PLEASE YOU GUYS HAVE MORE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT IT PLEASE ADVICE :(

Is that screen shot when you lose connection? That shows a pretty strong signal. I don't think the area is as clean of WiFi as you may think. Have you tried a WiFi analyzer in the area?

Of course is one of the biggest park im queens where they actually recorded MIB it has a lake olimpic pools even rockets from nasa so yes really big open area no wifi congestions whats so ever, that connection you see is the most i can do with pvflr and its obvius thats also stock antenna can perform same as well., i contact fpvlr and they aware the coaxial cable can be tricky so im going to return it and get a new one mines is only a week old and i hardly use it like 8 times so far

You need to keep this under 400' for legal and safety reasons - especially if you're flying that far out. Private aircraft and helicopters can fly down to 500' and it would be a very nasty thing for them to meet your airborne hobby.

Fly safe.

Please do not fly over 400 feet AGL.

Low level flight floor for an aircraft - without going through all the FAA rules - is 500 feet above the ground. In densely populated areas its 1000 feet above the highest obstacle. i.e.: tower, mountain, etc.

I have personally encountered drones on approach and in transit. From a pilot perspective, there is very little time to respond. Closure is about 125mph ... I can do little more that lift a wing to avoid collision.

At 125 mph closure rate a drone will come through a windshield ... period.

I am reading allover the internet in various forums of guys flying at altitudes that put them in flight paths. We had some idiot attempting to follow a Blackhawk at 1000 feet AGL.

Please stop. Airplanes fly at 500 feet ... Drone pilots please fly below 400 feet ... 100 feet of separation is SAFE and REASONABLE

If you want to fly above 400 feet AGL please PM me to arrange a flight in a registered aircraft.

Low level flight floor for an aircraft - without going through all the FAA rules - is 500 feet above the ground. In densely populated areas its 1000 feet above the highest obstacle. i.e.: tower, mountain, etc.

I have personally encountered drones on approach and in transit. From a pilot perspective, there is very little time to respond. Closure is about 125mph ... I can do little more that lift a wing to avoid collision.

I am reading allover the internet in various forums of guys flying at altitudes that put them in flight paths. We had some idiot attempting to follow a Blackhawk at 1000 feet AGL.

Please stop. Airplanes fly at 500 feet ... Drone pilots please fly below 400 feet ... 100 feet of separation is SAFE and REASONABLE

If you want to fly above 400 feet AGL please PM me to arrange a flight in a registered aircraft.
Well Said squirrel! As a pilot also, I wish this advice would be followed by all model aircraft pilots of any kind. But sadly, we know this will not be the case. This advice and warning should be a 'sticky' at the top of every thread and the very first thing they see when they open the box of any RC.

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO

Very good post Squirrel..!!!

Fly Smart

Fly Safe

Or Don't Fly

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
I got 8498' unboosted on stock antennas
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
And
14884' unboosted with only alfas (no other mods at all)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Both were done in higher humidity environments and I feel I could have gone further on either flight for the stock dipoles I think I could have probably got close to 9k (humidity was 75% for that flight) and for the Alfa flight humidity was around 45-50% however I will not be trying it again as I landed with only 3% battery however I had a 9mph head wind on the return flight so I think I could have gotten 15k' out of it...also both were done in a wifi/2.4ghz free environment Jon a large 3000acre ranch so no harm would have come to anyone if the bird went crazy

Very well said Sir and heed taken! I must admit that I have pushed distance limits over farm fields and water, rivers and lakes. I have not pushed the altitude limit and will never do so. The possibility of causing an event with other aircraft shivers my spine. I also choose not to fly over people. All just my opinion, it's still supposed to be a free country and today is the Marine Corps Birthday!

Semper Fi,

Jerry

1100 ft up and 200ft out!...In remote location in the Caribbean. Also been in about 33mph wind with gust after storm. Solo did fight the wind but I must say its strong. Solo loves the wind :)

Last edited:
1100 ft up and 200ft out!...In remote location in the Caribbean. Also been in about 33mph wind with gust after storm. Solo did fight the wind but I must say its strong. Solo loves the wind :)

BV,

I'm going to revise my note. I really do believe in "to each his own" but Dude that's risky. Just imagine, for a second or two, Flying Squirrel with 200 passengers on his load. He wakes up from AP to see your teeny-weenie craft approaching his path. Wow...I can't even imagine having to dip a wing to avoid you. Nah, not for me Bro. Too each his own. If a conscience lies in there, you're following my drift.;)

Happy Birthday!

Jerry

Reactions: BVIsolo
I feel you Jerry. Actually this was a once off test, just to test Solo to the extreme. I did take lots of precautions as to fly miles away from our only airport which only has two approach paths. Test didn't take much more than about 5 minutes and made sure to do it over an area where if things went wrong Solo would have fell to earth and be destroyed, not destroy any buildings etc. I won't do it again simply because it's not safe flight, but I'm glad I did so that I know the capability of the craft. Most days here is really breezy. Knowing I can fly Solo in real high wind without fear is comforting. Nevertheless I totally respect your view.

Last edited:
Reactions: J R
I feel you Jerry. Actually this was a once off test, just to test Solo to the extreme. I did take lots of precautions as to fly miles away from our only airport which only has two approach paths. Test didn't take much more than about 5 minutes and made sure to do it over an area where if things went wrong Solo would have fell to earth and be destroyed, not destroy any buildings etc. I won't do it again simply because it not safe flight, but I'm glad I did so that I know the capability of the craft. Most days her is really breezy. Knowing I can fly solo in real high wind without fear is comforting. Nevertheless I totally respect you view.

I feel you Brother and respect your preflight analysis. Good on you Man. Seriously. I test the limits and don't disrespect anyone for doing so. Sounds like you were being smart. That's all I care about. Idiots screw us all in the end. We just have to take great care in what we're trying to achieve. We're people Man (almost said Americans but it's a cyber-world now) , we need to test boundaries. To go further than the last guy. That's just plain spirit, adrenaline run amuck. A great thing for mankind. Push boundaries, be someone. Don't stand back and wait for someone else to do it for you. I commend your thoughtfulness and your spirit. I'm as serious as anyone could be. Fly on!

Respect,

Jerry

Reactions: BVIsolo
Totally agree. Everyone pushes the limit here and there. Like you, safety is always my concern. Even though where I live restrictions aren't as serious as in the USA I don't ever want to have an incident. Really annoys me when I read about people flying close to airports etc. Fly on bro. Happy safe flying :)

Reactions: J R

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M