Did not preorder Gimbal...any chance of getting it?

Reaction score
Hi, manager just bought the Solo last week, but wasn't aware that the gimbal wasn't out at the time, so we never preordered it.

How possible is it to pick up a gimbal in the next few weeks without a preorder?

Just trying to find one as soon as possible. Thanks.

Cancelled my pre order since best buy had solo before I did so I'm waiting on best buy which should have stock in two or three weeks that's probably your best bet. Only about 1/3 of best buy locations are carrying solo and it's accessories and not many in each store so you may want to find out which store has solo so you know where to look when it's out. You'll see on here when it's out if you keep looking Ill post it as will others when it happens.

AHAHAA HAAHH Haa!
....sorry, just kidd'n

I DID pre order 4/16, called today, MAYbe next month....

That's crap did you say drone fly or b&h I saw folks from both mention delays.

Why would best buy or these others wait to release if what 3dr says is true? Only thing I can come up with is to keep from having returns while they work out bugs since they had issues with solo. Still though seems they'll only lose money doing this I'm curious if it's them or 3dr not able to meet the demand that's causing the delay.

That's crap did you say drone fly or b&h I saw folks from both mention delays.

Why would best buy or these others wait to release if what 3dr says is true? Only thing I can come up with is to keep from having returns while they work out bugs since they had issues with solo. Still though seems they'll only lose money doing this I'm curious if it's them or 3dr not able to meet the demand that's causing the delay.

Mine was B&H 4/16. The 2 Batteries are in "Sent to warehouse for expedited delivery" meaning whenever they decide to get me my gimble as they have said that for 2 weeks...

Man sorry to hear that I tried adorama and they treated me great but at no fault of theirs bb got it first and 3dr acted like the gimbal would be the same so I canceled after talking to them. I had a feeling I made a mistake after but live and learn, I almost want to stop checking in here till I get it, it's kinda depressing that so many will have them today but not us. I'll stay and torture myself to stay up to date on what's going on good or bad until best buy finally gets them in though, like the site here too much and learn a lot so guess I'll just be jealous a while. What an odd release this has been top to bottom.

Man sorry to hear that I tried adorama and they treated me great but at no fault of theirs bb got it first and 3dr acted like the gimbal would be the same so I canceled after talking to them. I had a feeling I made a mistake after but live and learn, I almost want to stop checking in here till I get it, it's kinda depressing that so many will have them today but not us. I'll stay and torture myself to stay up to date on what's going on good or bad until best buy finally gets them in though, like the site here too much and learn a lot so guess I'll just be jealous a while. What an odd release this has been top to bottom.
You think you have it bad... My gimbal is sitting at my neighbors house as of two hours ago, and I am on vacation :) I guess it is just as well, as I had promised not to spend much time flying while here with family, and there is no way I could keep that promise if I had the gimbal in my hands....

FYI, my experience with DJI is always go through a dealer. The experience with 3DR is the opposite Better to go direct and I learned that half way through the process. I have two Solo's and ordered the first through Dronefly. It ws last to arrive, and that gimbal is radio silence. while the one from 3DR just arrived.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Hi, manager just bought the Solo last week, but wasn't aware that the gimbal wasn't out at the time, so we never preordered it.

How possible is it to pick up a gimbal in the next few weeks without a preorder?

Just trying to find one as soon as possible. Thanks.

Call 3DR and order it. I have a feeling they are all shipping but the 3rd party orders are shipped in larger packaging to the 2nd party for redistribution -I might be wrong. I question if the only direct drop ships from china are to individuals with a direct 3dr order. Once production started them they will have them pumped out ASAP. I'm sure the line is at full capacity until the orders are met. They could all been made already.

It will be nice to put the gimbal drama to rest and we all get some great experiences and results from the Solos.

Reactions: Adimuzio513

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40