Defective battery? Short video

Reaction score
See video. Suggestions? Thoughts?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's what happen to mine last weekend. The battery wouldn't even charge. I got an RMA and Shipped the battery to 3DR now just waiting for them to send me a new one.

3DR Response:

Hello Michael,

Thank you for sending he logs and reporting the problem. I am sorry for the inconvenience with the battery.

I see some definitely odd with the battery, is voltage discharge curve looks a "normal", but it discharges too fast, I think that the LiPO battery is damage. Unfortunately since there's no proof of purchase of the battery, we are not able to replace it, as we rely on the POP as a way to verify the legitimate acquisition of it.

Let me know if there's anything I can help with.

So i purchased this at Best Buy, but didn't hold on to the receipt. My mistake. Screwed.

3DR Response:

<snip>.... I think that the LiPO battery is damage. Unfortunately since there's no proof of purchase of the battery, we are not able to replace it, as we rely on the POP as a way to verify the legitimate acquisition of it.

So i purchased this at Best Buy, but didn't hold on to the receipt. My mistake. Screwed.

You could easily ask BestBuy for a copy of your receipt or if purchased via CC maybe able to access a copy from CC company.... BB Rewards member, get a copy online...

Worth the effort.

You could easily ask BestBuy for a copy of your receipt or if purchased via CC maybe able to access a copy from CC company.... BB Rewards member, get a copy online...

Worth the effort.
Duplicate receipt in hand!!! Thanks Rich. Had no idea BestBuy CS did that. Off to RMA!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdeeno