Custom 3DR SOLO CASE

Reaction score
2nd post on the forum. Figured I would share the Custom case i made for my 3DR SOLO.

Had an old pelican 1610 case laying around. Bought some more pluck-able foam for it. This is what i came up with. Its three layers thick and I hid most of the cords and things in the 2ND layer so that the top layer was more presentable. I still have PLENTY room to add more batteries and such things as i get them.

Nice job. I have done this for other gadgets (cameras etc.) but for some reason I didn't think of doing it myself for quads. Makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
Very nice man.. you should sell these on the forum. :) Although might not be worth your time.

Ryan G

Very nice man.. you should sell these on the forum. :) Although might not be worth your time.

Ryan G

yeah the pelican case alone is around 200$.. plus the foam itself is 70$ + my time + shipping.

price on a case shipped would probably be around 425-450$... something tells me people wouldn't be willing to pay that much for a case lol...

tell you what though the case is awesome, i took it in the backyard and banged the shit out of it.. throwing it 10 feet in the air a few times it held up pretty damn good.. i got it set up mainly for traveling cause i dont trust people with luggage on an airplane, they just throw everything around pretty badly.

Can you confirm the case model please? I want to buy one but the 1610 seems to be small for the SOLO. Maybe the seller got the wrong info. Thx for reply.
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks