Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Had my first crash. It was slightly windy and I was ignorant on battery issues. I had 100% battery at take off and 1.5 min later at 50%. You can hear the alarm going off in the video. at 2 min I looked down and was at 25% and draining FAST! I just tried to fly it back to the mountain side so I could recover my camera. I'm so lucky I hit 1 of 5 large trees on the hill.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Acroduster
On rare occasions, a tree getting in the way can be a good thing... What's the elevation and temperature at this location?

Hitting 50% battery in 2 minutes is awfully fast. Has that happened with that battery before?

The air is mighty thin at 7000ft, which requires higher throttle to maintain altitude and control. So that probably contributed to the battery going down quicker. The wind also exacerbated that. That said it still seems like the battery went down faster than it probably should have.

Hitting 50% battery in 2 minutes is awfully fast. Has that happened with that battery before?
The day before I got 7 minutes total out of it. I just bought a new battery today from AMZN, and I read a bunch of battery saving techniques, so I will be giving it a test soon.

The day before I got 7 minutes total out of it. I just bought a new battery today from AMZN, and I read a bunch of battery saving techniques, so I will be giving it a test soon.
You should be getting at least 15 minutes- your battery might be defective

Not at 7000ft in a 15mph wind!
I constantly get 18 or better up here in Northern AZ, got at least that today flying in gusts of 17+, gotta be the battery itself I'm thinking, PS, Have 3 batteries and all get about that.

Here's a link to a Mavic Pro owner with reduced battery at 7,200 ft.

Altitude affecting flight time

If you page down about 1/2 way - there's a good post about the issue.

It would be interesting to calculate the density altitude (combines altitude, barometric pressure and temperature). It doesn't appear to be an issue here ( 65 degrees at 7,000 ft) - but if the barometric pressure was low that day it would increase the "altitude" that the aircraft was experiencing.

Factor in the comments from the link above and that might explain the very rapid battery consumption.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo