Crash landing on my first flight. Newbee mistake

Did you have your antennas oriented properly? Just curious because I usually get at a 1/4 mile with a lot of trees around.

DB x2, however taking off in such a relatively well foliaged area doesn't help especially as a newbie. I would have panicked also and likely have clipped the trees. You've done well in the circumstances you were in! Thanks for the footage.

Just curious why you didnt let off the stick when descending. Looks like this couldve been avoided.

One other thing. When descending from altitude, once below a tree line it is a good practice to put the Solo in FLY:MANUAL. That way if you get a sudden GPS drift the copter won't hit something or drag a leg on the ground and flip over. Especially with the stock GPS units. I got lazy once and had a bit of a rough landing when the Solo suddenly thought it needed to move to the left a couple of meters.

DB x2, however taking off in such a relatively well foliaged area doesn't help especially as a newbie. I would have panicked also and likely have clipped the trees. You've done well in the circumstances you were in! Thanks for the footage.
Thanks, I look back now and think its halarious. NO more so far.

Bro!!! First time ever ?? or first time with a solo? the first time ever with my solo was like a bungee jumping experience….so I started with a small cord of about a meter and a half. Up. Down. Land. Up. Down. Left. Right. Turn. land. Breath…. Ok cool ….now go big with a 3 meter cord.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig