Crappy footage looked like less then 720

The live video is 720p, but (I believe) gets reduced in quality when the signal gets weak. The recorded video should be at whatever quality your camera is set to.

I know but it is still saving the quality I'm seeing live

I don't know but I am using a Nexus 7 and the FPV image looks good considering the screen size of 7 inches and when I put the videos on the computer
from the SD chip and view the video with VLC the videos are at least 1040, vidoeo taken from VLC:
VLC shows this on a "MOV" file:
Resolution: 1920x1090
Display resolution: 1920x1080

Check your camera settings for the GoPro if you export the videos to a application then check the video information. I am using a cheap GitUp Git1
and the video shows the above resolutions from VLC and they look ok. The video from the realtime feed will never look as good as what the camera
has gotten. You should have settings in the Solo App which I can't see from mine since I'm not using a GoPro. The Git1 is not a 4K camera.

I don't know but I am using a Nexus 7 and the FPV image looks good considering the screen size of 7 inches and when I put the videos on the computer
from the SD chip and view the video with VLC the videos are at least 1040, vidoeo taken from VLC:
VLC shows this on a "MOV" file:
Resolution: 1920x1090
Display resolution: 1920x1080

Check your camera settings for the GoPro if you export the videos to a application then check the video information. I am using a cheap GitUp Git1
and the video shows the above resolutions from VLC and they look ok. The video from the realtime feed will never look as good as what the camera
has gotten. You should have settings in the Solo App which I can't see from mine since I'm not using a GoPro. The Git1 is not a 4K camera.
Is there a way I can save the videos to my GoPro account ad card instead of my phone/ipad

Is there a way I can save the videos to my GoPro account ad card instead of my phone/ipad

Aha! It looks like you're expecting the video captured by your iPad to be high-res... but it NEVER is, because it CAN'T be. Your iPad can only record what it's receiving, and it's receiving only the low-res live video feed. The high-res video file that you want is ONLY available on the SD card inside your GoPro camera itself. After you land Solo, you have to either use the GoPro software to export the files from your GoPro, or do the simpler thing and just pop out the SD card and stick it into a card reader, and copy the file(s) directly to your computer. They will be exactly the resolution you set your GoPro to record at. (If I misunderstood you, please advise.)

Aha! It looks like you're expecting the video captured by your iPad to be high-res... but it NEVER is, because it CAN'T be. Your iPad can only record what it's receiving, and it's receiving only the low-res live video feed. The high-res video file that you want is ONLY available on the SD card inside your GoPro camera itself. After you land Solo, you have to either use the GoPro software to export the files from your GoPro, or do the simpler thing and just pop out the SD card and stick it into a card reader, and copy the file(s) directly to your computer. They will be exactly the resolution you set your GoPro to record at. (If I misunderstood you, please advise.)
I figured out away to finally save the footage to my GoPro but I have to press record on my GoPro itself is their a way that I can save to the ad card from my controller

I figured out away to finally save the footage to my GoPro but I have to press record on my GoPro itself is their a way that I can save to the ad card from my controller

Yes, but it's not mentioned in the Solo User Manual. If you press the "tilt control paddle" (on the back of the controller, behind the left stick) straight in, you'll feel it click. That toggles video recording on and off (assuming that your GoPro is in video mode, not still-shot mode). You will also see the corresponding "record" button in your tablet's app turn on and off, as explained in the Solo User Manual (page 44). You may notice a change in the live video feed's appearance when you start recording, but that's due to a harmless software bug. The video will be recording correctly onto your SD card.

Suggestion: Start and stop recording using the app's record button, not the tilt control paddle, because using the tilt control paddle runs the risk of moving the camera up or down, whereas the app's record button doesn't do that.

Yes, but it's not mentioned in the Solo User Manual. If you press the "tilt control paddle" (on the back of the controller, behind the left stick) straight in, you'll feel it click. That toggles video recording on and off (assuming that your GoPro is in video mode, not still-shot mode). You will also see the corresponding "record" button in your tablet's app turn on and off, as explained in the Solo User Manual (page 44). You may notice a change in the live video feed's appearance when you start recording, but that's due to a harmless software bug. The video will be recording correctly onto your SD card.

Suggestion: Start and stop recording using the app's record button, not the tilt control paddle, because using the tilt control paddle runs the risk of moving the camera up or down, whereas the app's record button doesn't do that.
Thank you so much that is the best response I got and it answered my question perfectly I will now delete this thread because it is not needed anymore and once again thank you so much

Thank you so much that is the best response I got and it answered my question perfectly I will now delete this thread because it is not needed anymore and once again thank you so much

Please leave the thread online, so that people can find it using the forum's search function, and so that we can link to it instead of rewriting the answers all over again next time somebody asks the same question.

With the Hero 4 Black (not sure about the Silver) the live video feed is 1080p (reduced to 720p through the Solo). However, if you are recording at anything higher than 1080p60 then the video feed is reduced to 480p.

Please leave the thread online, so that people can find it using the forum's search function, and so that we can link to it instead of rewriting the answers all over again next time somebody asks the same question.
Ok good idea

You may also notice that when recording in 4K, the video displayed on your phone/tablet is cropped. I forget if this happened after a GoPro firmware update or after an app update. It was a while ago and it wasn't always like that

The apps record button is broken. Lmfao
No it isn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig