Controller shutting itself off

Reaction score
Just experienced a new problem yesterday. My controller is spontaneously powering down during flight. I had about 4 or 5 occurrences during 3 battery flights. Flights were all close proximity. Each time the app announced "wifi signal lost" and when I looked down at the controller it was powering down. Each time Solo executed RTH and landed. The controller was fully charged before flight and the battery meter shows almost full. Has anyone else experienced this?

I did experience a similar situation where I was flying out over the local lake. I was about 1000' away @ about 100' altitude and I noticed the screen on my controller was blank. I was still under control and I initiated RTH as I powered the controller back up. I landed and caught my breath and flew the rest of that battery, which by the way was @ about 85% and the second battery that day. It hasn't happened again and that was 3 weeks ago with about 10 full battery flights since.

Possibly already covered, there has been an issue with buttons sticking on the controller. Have you confirmed that the button(s) aren't stuck in the down position?

Reactions: erikgraham
I have heard of the controller buttons sticking, but never experienced it myself. Some time ago I had some issues with the controller constantly losing wifi. I did a soft reset (I guess that is the right term for it) by pulling out the battery while the controller was powered on and waited for about 10 sec. and then reinstalled it. I powered up everything, and haven't had any problems since. It may or may not help, but it is an easy thing to try first. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll check those out.

Just experienced a new problem yesterday. My controller is spontaneously powering down during flight. I had about 4 or 5 occurrences during 3 battery flights. Flights were all close proximity. Each time the app announced "wifi signal lost" and when I looked down at the controller it was powering down. Each time Solo executed RTH and landed. The controller was fully charged before flight and the battery meter shows almost full. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sticky button. After I boot up or use the buttons on the controller, I've gotten in the habit of flicking it with my fingernail to make sure it's unstuck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serpvnt