Controller mod for mounting larger tablets

Absoulutely Brilliant! Exactly what I've been hoping for and wanting. Kudos! Now I can use my Air 2

Agreed - Brilliant! This is exactly what I needed as well. I'll be using the my 10.1 Samsung Tablet as well. Good job!

Hope it will fit my Ipad 1st Gen., seems heavy...

Skip: I am not sure the iPad 1st Gen is supported yet, I tried to download to my 3rd gen iPad and it said not supported. I read somewhere that they are planning to supporting the older ones in the future.

Hope it will fit my Ipad 1st Gen., seems heavy...
A full sized tablet does indeed tip the balance on the controller. With my phone mounted I can set the controller down but with the tablet on there it will fall on its back without some support.

Bren, how secure and stable is the original holder when opened way up like this?

Bren, how secure and stable is the original holder when opened way up like this?
I prefer the larger tablet for sure. The ball and socket joint on the mount wasn't really designed for the weight of a full sized tablet. As a result, the tablet never seems completely locked into place. It can be swiveled around pretty easily when the mount is fully tightened.

I don't have a lot of faith that the socket will hold up over time. IMO they should have gone with a simple tilting hinge like the gopro uses instead of the ball and socket.

My tablet is reasonably secure with the holder opened up. However, if I want to use my phone I would need to disassemble the holder and reinstall the spring.

Hmmm may have to do this for my Zoom at least until I can use my IPad Mini 1

Nice idea, thanks.

Do you think if you lengthened the slots to meet your new holes it would work with the spring?

I lengthened the slots and I works perfectly for my iPad Air2. It is snug which is just the way I wanted it, absolutely no worries of it slipping out. It does tip the controller when I set it down but I just am gentle and no problems at all. I also have a retired 1st gen but I think that would be very heavy indeed not to mention it's 6 gen's behind.

Nice idea, thanks.

Do you think if you lengthened the slots to meet your new holes it would work with the spring?
I thought that lengthening the hokes and keeping the spring would stretch the spring out so I left it out. However Dave just mentioned below that he left it in with no issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny