Constant Level Calibration

I went through multiple attempts to restart and work around this. One thing I havent done now that I think about it is let the remote start all the way up...(green bar) then turn on Solo. I really doubt that will do it.

What does work every time? Waiting a while (about an hour) and starting in a new location.

Ive tried:
turning off/on each part in different orders.
Tapping on the bottom like some magic genie will come out and permit me to fly! Nope.
Holding Fly despite calibration prompt.
Moving to a new location in same session...Maybe a GPS issue?
using battery from prior flight with less charge.
looking at sky wondering if GPS satellites are really up there.
Cursing a bit...

Just reluctant to send it back to 3DR as Ive heard this issue might require.
Cmon 3DR....This is my new biggest issue.
Stable Gimbal flight achieved- check!
Cable Cam and selfie-check!
orbit...Not yet.
follow me. Not yet.

Constant level calibration prompt on second battery is BAD! Please help.

Again. I took the solo home and started about 45 minutes later and walla! FLY! No calibration required.

Just heard I may have to return my solo for this which is exactly what I dont want! Ugh...Im finally a very frustrated 3DR customer after having alot of patience with them and all their pitfalls.

They offered me 2 options.
A new one from China or a refurbished one from wherever that is...

They say it can take 2 weeks but Im not very confident in their timing.
Hey...great customer service is nice but I'd take a slightly poor experience there for a solid product.

mine has started this again after the gimbal I stall.. installed it yesterday and have done 3 level calibrations in 3 batteries. I can understand 1 since I added the gimbal but why now every time I go to fly?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I got the calibration prompt today after changing batteries and trying to take off again from the same spot. An hour or so later, at a different spot and fresh battery, it flew without any calibration prompt.

I'm having to perform a level calibration each time that I switch out the battery on my 3DR Solo.

This is even after I perform the calibration from home on a flat surface. Why does this keep happening I have to go through the calibration from the 3DR app while in the field and its adding quite a bit of time to my pre-flight time.

Is it possible to take off without performing this each and every time? This is getting freakin annoying.

I got the calibration prompt today after changing batteries and trying to take off again from the same spot. An hour or so later, at a different spot and fresh battery, it flew without any calibration prompt.

To respond to my own post...

First flight today I got the calibration prompt. Even stranger after flipping the Solo around it reported "10% battery". Huh?! Just put in a fresh, full charged battery. The app display also showed 97%. Even did a 2nd level calibration but again, same warning message about 10% battery.

Took off and flew fine and landed around 25% after around 12 minutes of flight time.

To respond to my own post...

First flight today I got the calibration prompt. Even stranger after flipping the Solo around it reported "10% battery". Huh?! Just put in a fresh, full charged battery. The app display also showed 97%. Even did a 2nd level calibration but again, same warning message about 10% battery.

Took off and flew fine and landed around 25% after around 12 minutes of flight time.
Mine did the exact same thing today.. [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

I was asked to recalibrate which Ive actually never done. I went through both calibration procedures and today I managed to get a battery swapped in the same session without any prompts!
Not sure what solved it but I was very close to returning my solo and Im glad I havent had to now.

My experience with Solo is getting better. I had an initial period of joy followed by some discontent with certain errors...Still not %100 confident to get those great shots that take it high and put it at risk...

My distance isnt ideal and Im now having wifi disconnections but considering the amount of technology packed into this bird Im starting to think 3DR is resolving some of the errors through updates.

I know this is off topic but the other thing happening along with these wifi disconnects is my GoPro Hero 4 Black (bought specifically for my solo) isnt always showing up on my app...In other words I'll see the on/off red dot but it will disappear sometimes...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela