Constant Level Calibration

You need to send your logs to 3DR as this may be a issue with the flight controller and requires a RMA.
I should and probably will eventually. However I've read some horror stories on this board regarding GPS and other issues. I'm scared it will come back worse than when I sent it in. Haha.

i would get Calabration Error .
on the controler screen.
i would just push left stick forward and take off.
would go through whole battery with out a hitch.

i would get Calabration Error .
on the controler screen.
i would just push left stick forward and take off.
would go through whole battery with out a hitch.

How are you able to do this as the motors will not spin up until I perform the level calibration?

Good question Flex.

Anyone, can you even start the motors without GPS and calibration locks.
Can you switch to manual mode and just take off regardless of GPS?
If so, how?

Good question Flex.

If so, how?

I have asked this question twice when dealing with 3DR support and both times they seem to skip over this question and not answer the question.

Good question Flex.

If so, how?
I have manual programmed on button B, I hit B start motors and take off.

So I got another reply from support as they reviewed my logs and they want me to do a RMA.

Here is what they sent me:
Thanks for the information, the time invested and your willingness to test.
On the logs, it looks like the accelerometer is drifting, more than loosing the offsets after a reset. I would ask you to send that unit back for inspection and repair, as we may need to replace the Flight Controller.

I will provide the information a customer service rep for they to provide you an RMA number and a return label to get the vehicle back. I must advise that this process may take a few weeks (from 1 to 3 weeks).

Let me know if there's any question, or anything else I can help with.

I guess 3DR should have kept their manufacturing in Mexico instead of sending it to China. When they were building in Mexico and SoCal the product was much more consistent.

Reactions: Soulobo
I have manual programmed on button B, I hit B start motors and take off.

This worked. I had the B button assigned to Fly and not Fly:Manual.

No one issue after this and even switching back to just fly, after I replace the battery I did not get the level calibration.

So now I have a question. Should I keep Fly:Manual assigned to B and if I take off with this method with some of the safety features work (I was able to RTH without issue).

Update:
So the manual states GPS lock will not be enabled when Fly:Manual is set:

7.1.1 Fly:Manual Fly:Manual mode is a version of standard flight without GPS lock. In Fly:Manual, the throttle stick controls altitude the same way as standard flight (Fly mode). However, Fly:Manual includes no GPS positioning so that, when you release the right stick, Solo will not hold its position; it will drift according to wind conditions and existing momentum. When flying in Fly:Manual, make constant adjustment to the right stick to control Solo’s position and use the left stick to maintain Solo’s orientation.

Can I switch to fly but clicking the FLY button or do I have to assign Fly to A?

Last edited:
This worked. I had the B button assigned to Fly and not Fly:Manual.

Update:
So the manual states GPS lock will not be enabled when Fly:Manual is set

It won't be enabled *when* you start to fly, but likely will once you're in the air and flying. I believe the controller will alert you once you have GPS lock. *This* point becomes your new RTH (Home) point - just be aware of that.

Can I switch to fly but clicking the FLY button or do I have to assign Fly to A?

Just click the FLY button - that will take you out of FLY:Manual and will attempt to use whatever satellite info the bird has.

Support ticket reply today, said to use Tower for calibration of accelerometer. I reported that I am running iOS. Reply was to use Mission Planner to calibrate accelerometer, will try that and let you know.

I put in my new battery (the free one that came in finally ) and mine has to level. Thought that was weird.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I put in my new battery (the free one that came in finally ) and mine has to level. Thought that was weird.

When you swap batteries (even if it take a few seconds to do so) do you get the level calibration error again. If so that's not normal according to 3DR.

When you swap batteries (even if it take a few seconds to do so) do you get the level calibration error again. If so that's not normal according to 3DR.
No nor normally.. I will try it again today and see what happens. .

I am having the same issue. Flew one battery, had a low battery signal so I returned home and hit "fly" to land, it came to the ground started to power down and then powered up and flipped over. Saw no damage, put second battery in and got the level error. Charged both batteries and tried the one the I was flying then it flipped, it started to act fine but before i could fly it ,it gave me the same error " level calibration " I try to calibrate and it says failed every time, I have tried asphalt concrete a glass table and it fails every time. Sent logs to 3dr , hate to, rma it , and I am dying to fly it and make it work awesome.

Im having the same level calibration issue after adding a new battery. But my question is how is it resetting after waiting a certain amount of time.
I can turn everything off and it will always ask to calibrate level on a battery in the same "session" but I wait a while and go to fly and its fine...That lovely sound comes up and I can take off?

This may sound dumb but I did try to change batteries and such and still had the issue, so as it sat on my table while I thought about options I tapped on the bottom of solo with my finger tip and the error disappeared and has not regained. Coincidence? ?? Who knows.. but of course I find out my hero socks with the gimbal......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela