Connecting to Mission Planner

Reaction score
I'm running windows 8.1 on a PC. I first connect to the solo wifi link on the PC. I know it's connected because I can ssh into both the copter and the controller. So I open Mission Planner, choose UDP and click the connect icon. After a second or so, it asks for the port. I leave it at the default of 14550 and click Connect. It never connects. It just sits there with a "waiting for UDP" dialog box with the progress meter running endlessly. Any ideas? Is the Port correct?

I believe I have a motor acting up and I'd like to test them. One is making a higher pitched whine.

Frist, don't forget to connect your PC to the Solo Wifi instead of your usual Wifi!

After that, all will be ok.

It just sits there with a "waiting for UDP" dialog box with the progress meter running endlessly. Any ideas? Is the Port correct?

I believe I have a motor acting up and I'd like to test them. One is making a higher pitched whine.

I've encountered the same connection issue. My resolve is to connect via wifi and then once fully connected start MP and then UDP connect to Solo.

If I have MP planner open first and then initiate the computer's connection to Solo's wifi it seems to hang. Restarting MP has helped when this happens.

I had a screaming #2 motor this weekend, I presume the bearing is the issue. Replaced motor and all is good. I need to go through all the motors to update bearings and thrust washers.

Frist, don't forget to connect your PC to the Solo Wifi instead of your usual Wifi!

After that, all will be ok.
It is connected to the SoloLink (and no other connections). I can ssh into the copter and the controller just fine. I just can't get mission planner to connect.

I've encountered the same connection issue. My resolve is to connect via wifi and then once fully connected start MP and then UDP connect to Solo.

If I have MP planner open first and then initiate the computer's connection to Solo's wifi it seems to hang. Restarting MP has helped when this happens.

I had a screaming #2 motor this weekend, I presume the bearing is the issue. Replaced motor and all is good. I need to go through all the motors to update bearings and thrust washers.

No matter what I've tried, cannot get MP to connect.
Windows 7
Firewall disabled
Connected to Solonet, no problem connecting laptop to Solo.
MP simply hangs.

upload_2016-1-31_18-21-19.png

Suggestions?

Connect to Solo's wifi prior to starting MP...see if that works.
Thanks Rich, had already done that.
Sequence is:

- Power Solo
- Power tablet
- Power Controller
- Connect Tablet to Solo network
- Connect Laptop to Solo network
- Launch MP

Just me, but I would just connect the laptop to Solo's wifi for the purpose MP...could be the conflict using the tablet...I don't know...smart guys will be here soon.

Try shutting windows firewall off. That's what I had to do and it did the same thing you're describing. If you can connect, then add an exception for UDP port 14550 and turn the firewall back on.

Edit: I see you tried that. Strange.

Tablet shouldn't make a difference, but I never turn it on as it doesn't add anything to using MP. Also, if you are connected to the internet at the same time through a cable on the Ethernet port, try disabling it first. I have had to do that on a few systems in the past. If the cable is easy to get to, just unplug it. Otherwise, just disable the network card.
Hope this helps..

Reactions: RichWest
I was struggling with MP connection for a while. Luckily I found this thread, and sure enough Windows Firewall was the issue. Connected easily once the Firewall was off. Going to add exception for MP...

I am new to this stuff. How do you add an exception for MP? Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig