Compass calibration loop

Reaction score
I was recently gifted a 3dr solo by some friends. They had bought two when they got theirs. This one was literally brand new never opened. I updated everything to open solo on the side pilot app and now every time I turn it on it says i need to calibrate the compass and when I do and it says successfully calibrated. It will go a few seconds then say it needs calibration again. Do I need to buy I a new compass for it ?

I got it to calibrate through mission planner. Curious as to why aide pilot wouldn’t calibrate it.

I got it to calibrate through mission planner. Curious as to why aide pilot wouldn’t calibrate it.
I've had the same experience with Solex. It wouldn't calibrate the compass but Mission Planner would. Not sure why.

Try doing the 3D level calibration and get the first step as level as possible. Then reboot. Then do the Compass Calibration.
Hello I'm having the same issue with the compass also! I'm outside for the calibration not sure why it keeps repeating the compass. Now its telling Me:

PreArm: RC8 maximum is less than trim

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello I'm having the same issue with the compass also! I'm outside for the calibration not sure why it keeps repeating the compass. Now its telling Me:

PreArm: RC8 maximum is less than trim

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yes, you need to do a parameter reset. You can find that in the firmware screen in Solex.
Ok thanks

so In the firmware upgrades Am looking at : Landing gear parameters

also: Here compass Parameters

updates or are they for a different drone

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc